The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hybrid Shadow Tanks More OP than Sorcs?

DimeStax

Darkness Assassins are kind of like Mercs, about as overpowered as a class can reasonably be overpowered. There's nothing particularly overwhelming with any of the baseline abilities but both classes just have access to massive array of abilities and generally have a way to deal with every conceiveable situation, so both classes generally walk into any situation with at least a slight upperhand and having a small advantage in every situation, in the hands of a good player, makes you really powerful. If you win 5.5 out of every 10 fights you get into, that adds up rather quickly even though it sure doesn't look like winning 55% of the time is some kind of horrible imbalance.

Like Mercs, Darkness can probably use a small DPS nerf so that the class is more like equally matched in all situations as opposed to slightly advantaged in all situations.

All I know is that a few days after the surge nerf, I queued with a shadow friend of mine who usually gets around 500-600k damage in the 27/0/14 spec, but in this particular WZ he tried 31/0/10 (full tank spec).

At the end of the game, he had 639k damage, over 100k protection, and around 80k healing (from the self heal that TK throw gives you along with the Combat Technique passive heal). I was second in damage with 486k damage.

I wish I had SS'd that game, but I didn't. I play a Jedi Guardian and I max out around 500k damage in either Vigilance or Focus spec, but if I was to put 31 points in my tank tree, I'd get maybe 150k.

Also this particular shadow is essentially unbeaten 1v1 on our server, and will beat most anyone even if they have a healing companion out.

Maybe Shadow is not OP, but 639k damage with 31 points in tank tree just doesn't seem quite right.... lol. Especially considering the immense amount of survivability that the tree gives on top of the already high survivability of the shadow class (invulnerability, vanish, etc.).

Edit: Also, if I can do this at lvl 19/20, what could I do with tier 2/3 gear at lvl 50? (Hint: read my post lol)

http://imageshack.us/g/23/swtor2012030111361568.jpg/

Edited by -Sithis-