Again no love for Commandos in the patch 1.1.5?

Aritok

Is it really easier to play command than sage?

Hehe starting to ask myself this question as well. Now that my commando is 50 I'm working on the sage for the third of 4 buffs once 1.2 hits. Right now, all of like 19 points into balance and omg the sage is amazing. I mean, my commando is a little trooper of death but this sage makes me do a double take, at least in pvp. Not knocking on the commando advanced class because I love my commando, but the sage is pretty much easy mode compared to commando as far as pvp is concerned... and I don't even have forcequake yet.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every level 50 commandos I know stop playing them or just switch to dps, many of them started a Sage alts. My aage is nearly 40 and I just got the feeling being fooled for spending so much time on my Commando. I would say Sage is the Advanced Class of Commando ... no joke. I can hardly find anything that Commando is better than Sage. Even able to wear heavy armor means almost nothing considering how powerful the shield will make up for it. You can't put trauma probe on yourself when in a group, even it is much weaker than the shield, can only heal a small portion of the damage.

Combat Medics is a Totally Failed Design. If they keep doing nothing, combat medic will be always an extinct class as it already has become. Horrible AoE heal, horribly long CD with instant heal ... not to mention you have much worse dps when you need to.

Edited by Hologramx

Almost every level 50 commandos I know stop playing them or just switch to dps, many of them started a Sage alts. My aage is nearly 40 and I just got the feeling being fooled for spending so much time on my Commando. I would say Sage is the Advanced Class of Commando ... no joke. I can hardly find anything that Commando is better than Sage. Even able to wear heavy armor means almost nothing considering how powerful the shield will make up for it. You can't put trauma probe on yourself when in a group, even it is much weaker than the shield, can only heal a small portion of the damage.

Combat Medics is a Totally Failed Design. If they keep doing nothing, combat medic will be always an extinct class as it already has become. Horrible AoE heal, horribly long CD with instant heal ... not to mention you have much worse dps when you need to.

Not going at argue with all of that (I could, cause I disagree that Commandos are terrible, but I just dont have the time).

What does need saying, though, is this:

You are forgetting the Commando's greatest asset: being fun to play.

I wanted to level a DPS Sage and then compare healing later to see what all the fuss was about. I got so mind-numbingly bored I stopped at 33, and when I level an Inquisitor to get all 8 for Legacy, I'm going to do an assassin despite having a Shadow. Sage/Sorc is just such a very boring class.

I find Combat medics, in PVP, to be really strong. We are IMO stronger to cope with focus fire, both on a ally or on ourself as we are a little less squishy than other healers. Multiple target heal, its true that we need some adjustment (which is coming in 1.2 hopefully), but that is not what saves life in PVP (a minimum organized). And concerning the DPS side, supercharged charged bolt can be a great help to help to bring down a healer.

just read about the planed change for the combat medic. And i am sorry when i said 1.1.5 was already bad. This one is total overkill.

You might say its not final, and can still change, but to be honest, alone to make this at first is a joke.

It clear show no one from Bioware is even reading the forums. Everone did agree that combat medics were barly in line and fine for healing, and just need a little buff. And what are they doing? Nerfing CM to death and beyond.

And you were asking why i unsubbed.......