Gdc 2012

Tiki

Hey folks!

Kray here from AskAJedi and sithwarrior.com. I just got my work schedule for March and turns out I'll be in San Francisco right at the tail end of GDC 2012... was wondering if anyone else might be around? Perhaps we could organize a fan meetup around town? Dallas Dickinson and a few other BioWare employees will be giving talks at the conference, but I'm not sure what the SWTOR presence will be.

So, what's the word? Anyone going?

That's what I was thinking. Technically I'll be in the convention center at the same time, but working on a different show xD

I know a few good places in Chinatown, but that's a bit of a walk. Surely there's more people than just us 2, plus my friend who lives locally =P

Well I say we should setup a meet outside the expo for any SWTOR fans.

I'll be browsing through the GDC schedules tonight to setup my itinerary for next week, I'll know better then what slot would be best.

We probably should NOT do it during the first two days (during the summits), nor should we do it around the keynote address (when is that?). So probably some time (lunch-ish) on Wednesday or Thursday...

There are several flavors to GDC. There are the summits, the main CONVENTION sessions, the round tables, the keynote, and the expo. Several software [related] companies have booths at the expo, and that is usually a good place to see other [developers or fans]. The expo pass is cheap, and many people get that. But we could just meet outside the expo...

There are several flavors to GDC. There are the summits, the main CONVENTION sessions, the round tables, the keynote, and the expo. Several software [related] companies have booths at the expo, and that is usually a good place to see other [developers or fans]. The expo pass is cheap, and many people get that. But we could just meet outside the expo...

Exactly. For instance, some fan sites like darthhater like to have a presence at the conference, as well as people locally who might just be hanging around! I know more than a few game developers who play TOR ;)