Survivor's Rakata Set - Question - Please answer

Sheyila

Good Morning everyone,

here's a quick question for everyone of you.

Yesterday during BT HM, i looted Tionese Stalkers gloves. I am spec tank and therefore looking to acquire the Survivor's kit. I won't be using the stalker kit.

Someone in the group told me to keep the glove, that i could only changes the Mod & Enhancement and the glove would change into the Survivor glove.

Is this information accurate?

If so, are the bonus set going to change also? ( they are way different )

If so, how do i know exactly which is the right mod and enhancement to put on the item to match the survivor one?

Finally, where can we acquire mods lvl 51+. It seems no ones is able to craft some and i can't find any vendor that sell those.

Thanks for the help!

Set Bonuses do not transfer with the Mod and Enchancement, or at all for now. There are plans to transfer set bonuses. 1.2 will enable us to pull Armor/Hilts/Barrels from purple gear which may transfer the bonus but I am unsure about that.

Level 51+ Item Mods are only available on drop or pulling from other items. I've only seen them drop by themselves in HM Ops. Your main source is ripping them from items that drop or you buy with commendations.

Edited by GenericallyNamed

So i don't have a choice to hope for the survivor to drop and cross my finger that they make some changes in 1.2?

I just read the most recent Q&A

Combined with new features such as the ability to extract base-mods from purple items (including the set bonus)

So confirmed for transplanting the set bonus.

Though you still need the actual Survivor item first.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Yes, the game does drop gear that has set stats, but these are not the ones you are looking for. You want the columi tokens and eventually the rakata tokens if you are in a raid group. These can be traded in for whichever set you want. Tionese gear is not that great anyway. I suggest doing the daily Ilum and Belsavis quests to get the item modifications for your gear. This will make you better geared than Tionese gear and will keep you geared enough until you can get some Columi/Rakata gear.