Scoring system in WZ Is too individual based.

Militiaa

The reason why I make this thread is the scoring system needs to be adjusted to be more teamwork specific, for example. In hutball, I feel im doing a great job by scoring assists, Passing, and scoring myself, but another individual that couldn't care less about winning or losing gets more medals Just because he was focusing on getting kills and damage.

So thus scoring system should be more team based scoring. I like the healing medal that is good.

I don't even know if you can get a medal for objective points let alone know how it works.

To me if you kill more, deal more damage you get more medals than what someone that is getting for being more of a team player by capturing and helping.

Please I really like the game, don't jump me for it.

It's only construtive critisizm.

The reason why I make this thread is the scoring system needs to be adjusted to be more teamwork specific, for example. In hutball, I feel im doing a great job by scoring assists, Passing, and scoring myself, but another individual that couldn't care less about winning or losing gets more medals Just because he was focusing on getting kills and damage.

So thus scoring system should be more team based scoring. I like the healing medal that is good.

I don't even know if you can get a medal for objective points let alone know how it works.

To me if you kill more, deal more damage you get more medals than what someone that is getting for being more of a team player by capturing and helping.

Please I really like the game, don't jump me for it.

It's only construtive critisizm.

I was in a Voidstar today where I literally did no damage. I stealthed to the left door, planted the bomb, re-stealthed, sprinted through the door when it opened, activated the bridge, sprinted across the bridge, planted the second bomb, ... yadda yadda... basically I ninja'd the entire Warzone while my team distracted the Pubs.

1600 objective points (IIRC). Not one medal. I guess it would have been better for me to ignore the ojectives and just find the nearest squishy to stab to death at every opportunity while we lost the WZ.

The medals are also biased in favour of those who have tank abilities, people can get up to 3 medals just for guarding.

dps get nothing.

They could fix that immediately by just adding a "150K damage" and "250K damage" medal.

Edited by Mannic

I was in a Civil War today where I literally did no damage. I stealthed to the left door, planted the bomb, re-stealthed, sprinted through the door when it opened, activated the bridge, sprinted across the bridge, planted the second bomb, ... yadda yadda... basically I ninja'd the entire Warzone while my team distracted the Pubs.

1600 objective points (IIRC). Not one medal. I guess it would have been better for me to ignore the ojectives and just find the nearest squishy to stab to death at every opportunity while we lost the WZ.

ahh more interesting facts i might add:

voidstar: no points for planting/defusing

huttball: no points for scoring/passing

ahh more interesting facts i might add:

voidstar: no points for planting/defusing

huttball: no points for scoring/passing

Yet I can run to the center while stealthed in Huttball, throw Mass Mind Control on a group of opposing rangers without breaking stealth, then find a player at 20% health and hit him with a 2600 damage KB, and have 4 medals before the first ball-carrier dies. (I've done this several times.)

It's not a particularly well conceived system in many respects.

Edited by Mannic

The medals are also biased in favour of those who have tank abilities, people can get up to 3 medals just for guarding.

dps get nothing.

no way. as a tank, i scored 6 times in one huttball. I scored ever single time and get nothing for it. Obviously, people would hog the ball if scoring counted.... but not biased towards tanks at all.

no way. as a tank, i scored 6 times in one huttball. I scored ever single time and get nothing for it. Obviously, people would hog the ball if scoring counted.... but not biased towards tanks at all.

That's why they have scoring assists points as well

It's biased towards tanks because of the easy protection medals you can get. I mean, seriously--- 5K protection is 2 medals? And all of the tank classes can easily put up 75K damage to get that medal. My Darkness Assassin regularly hits for 2500+ and gets that medal. I regularly get solo kills, which gives a medal. "Kills" is just how many enemies you in some way interacted with before they died.

Basically, tanks can easily get all the medals DPS'ers can get as well as protection medals that classes like Mercs can't get. I suppose, theoretically, Mercs can try for healing medals, but healing that much in a DPS spec is a poor use of one's abilities and would mean you're just trying to get medals and not help your team win. On my Sin I probably average 7 to 9 medals a match. On my Merc it's more like 4-6.

Edited by Mannic

I find as a rage jugg in any match I get about 9-11 medals from 5k heal(point in rage tree), switching stances to guard getting up to 50k protection while dps'n and of nice grp can get 300k medal. I think ppl need to be more versitile and if ur trying to farm medals then get a premade. I agree when I run tank I am usually the ball carrier or sitting at a node or door so getting an additional medal for that would greatly increase the type of play style.

Correction: Healers get nothing.

Lol, actually healers have a slight advantage over dps:

1) they have their own healing medals (a few I'm sure)

2) they can easily obtain the dps medals just by hanging around other dps; all they might miss out on is the 75k damage or Assassin medal. But in a long game, it's not too hard for a healer to reach 75k damage, then going back to focus on healing - thus getting medals from both sides.