SWTOR on Par with Startrek online

EuroThunder

Both games are epic failes question is which game will fail harder when everything is all said and done.

With the amount of money spent on this game and with so many people quitting everyday for a multitude of reason do you feel SWTOR is the biggest fail in MMO history? I know their are many MMO's that failed in the past but not with the budget of SWTOR.

From what I understand there will be a huge amount of players not re-subbing by March 18th when there 3 months subscription runs out unless the "Jesus" patch fixes everything. I know I'm going to get flamed by a bunch of fanboys but this post is not for "fanboys" it's more for the informed gamer, not first time MMO players who think it's ok to have 5 FPS on Ilum, broken operations, overall horrible PVP, etc..

Edited by EuroThunder

my first suggestion to u : unsubscribe, ask to cancel your forum subscription and do not come back... game is still one of the better mmo's at launch. (btw i am certainly NOT new at MMO... you seem to be new at it (suppose you played some but NOT at launch... i wonder what you would have said when u were there at the launch of WOW... that was a real fail at first.

my first suggestion to u : unsubscribe, ask to cancel your forum subscription and do not come back... game is still one of the better mmo's at launch. (btw i am certainly NOT new at MMO... you seem to be new at it (suppose you played some but NOT at launch... i wonder what you would have said when u were there at the launch of WOW... that was a real fail at first.

Your talking about a game thats 7+ years old.. This is 2012 and GW2 doesn't have any of these problems. OWNED

Edited by EuroThunder

Your talking about a game thats 7+ years..

Yes I am... but that doesn't change the fact that u have to compare 'at launch'... when u do that SWTOR is on top of every one of the mmo's (that i played) or at least at the same level... When u come back in about one year then u can start to judge...

btw did u lately go to star trek online? it has improved a lot... the players there are now pretty happy with it (and i as a fan am now happy with my lifetime overthere too)

Your talking about a game thats 7+ years old.. This is 2012 and GW2 doesn't have any of these problems. OWNED

.... and wow at his begining had features that were quite old in mmos and RPGs actualy...

your point is invalid.

GW2 what? have you play it? it isnt out yet man... how do you know what problems wil or not will have.

It seems to me you already made up your mind.. so why the rest of us care? if you already seem not care!?

From what I understand there will be a huge amount of players not re-subbing by March 18th when there 3 months

yes people like you said the same thing when the first month wa sat close... we are still here and kicking.

I bet some did leave, and i bet some did come.. and on top of that the numbers keep rising... anyway. Move along.

Edited by Spartanik

Guess OP is ready to move on and repeat the hype-bust cycle with another title.

This time next year there will be a thread started on the NCS forums (I assume they'll have forums once they actually launch an mmo lol) about how GW2 fails just like TOR and how the OP is now just waiting for Titan.

Edited by aeterno

Hello everyone,

We ask that topics posted in the STAR WARS Discussions stay focused on the Star Wars™ Universe outside of The Old Republic™. Since this thread is off-topic, we're going to close it. If you would like to discuss Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, please use our General Discussion Forum.

A reminder, while we appreciate feedback, both positive and negative we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

If you have suggestions for the game, we have a fantastic thread for suggestion lists and a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to continue your discussion in one of these locations.

Thank you.

Edited by Noviru