help picking a desktop

RuneSavior

Just from personal experience i have learnt that if your decent with computers it is better to just hit up newegg or some over cheap website for pc parts and build a pc.

you will often end up with a pc that is 2 times or more better then what you would buy pre-made for the same price.

Those are both low end graphics cards and I don't think you'll be amused -- particularly the first one with the ATI Radeon HD 3000.

Take a hard look at the video card for whatever you get because for gaming, that's going to be your #1 component.

Some suggestions:

Intel Core i7 of any type = good

Intel Core i5 of any type = should be good enough and it's cheaper

Memory 4 GB DDR3 minimum -- 6 GB preferred

Video card -- I'd suggest something like an nVidia GeForce GTX 480. Not totally top of the line but close enough. You can run everything full blast on that.

I run an i7 with 4GB and the GTX 480 and everything runs fantastic. Full graphics. These days it's really not your processor or RAM that counts as much as your video card. Skimp on processor and RAM if you have to. Don't skimp on the video card.

Pretty sure anything you get at Best Buy is going to have a crap video card. The two you linked certainly do.