Server issues?

Ghsthntr

So I just picked up SWTOR a week ago. First night I played had no issues playing. Had to bump settings down because my laptop isn't the best out there, but video quality is nothing I truly care about anyway. What I DO care about though is this: my first night playing, everything was pretty smooth even with not only this laptop being connected to SWTOR but my buddy playing COD on my Xbox at the same time. But within this week, it's gone from smooth, to so laggy it's become unplayable for me, even with literally every other device that can connect online turned off so they aren't hogging bandwidth. Am I the only one with this issue or is there something up with my Internet connection? Should probably point out the Server I'm on has a Light population. Any info will help.

I should also probably point out that these issues started occurring after the servers were brought down for a night so they could work on them. So maybe it is a server issue now. I just want to know if I'm the only one experiencing this crap or not.