Can Shadows/Assassins get a decent from-stealth opener?

Tiresias

Topic.

I mean, if the class is going to have paper-thin armor unless tank speced and a defensive cooldown that doesn't even well work in PvP (deflection) it would make sense that they would be able to do some damage from stealth.

I'm opening up with Mind Crush.

MIND CRUSH.

It's my highest damage ability -- even more than Project. Using Spinning Kick from stealth does nothing but grant the enemy some resolve since by the time the global cooldown is up they are back on their feet, and most people won't react much in 2s if they get opened on anyway.

The damage that Shadows/Assassins do does not justify them having a useless opener. Spinning Kick is only good for Kinetics, who can use it in combat.

While you are at it... FIX THE BUGS with Project and Shock not getting the damage bonuses as promised by talents and trained abilities. You have been SO QUICK to hand out nerfs to Techniques/Charges and to increase the cooldown on Spinning Kick but you have YET to address the bugs that are holding back damage.

Assassins aren't really a "from stealth" class. It's about sustained DPS with the option of using Stealth as a means to move around the battlefield, escape when things get dicey, and hit again when you have the advantage.

You're not an Operative.

I think this is a good point. But I can understand why people look to the Assassin/SC as a "stealth" class. Many people are used to a class that has an effective stealth (i.e. i can pop it and run around) to utilize the stealth as a class defining ability. And I think people just assumed that Veng/Infil trees were the "stealth assassin" tree.

heck, it's even in the name!

I don't see why they can't get a nice hefty bonus for shadow strike when stealthed...enough to make it a more primary attack. But,on the flip side...perhaps Bio doesn't want the Veng/Infl tree to be that "backstab" spec.

...I still don't get shadow strike tho. I don't even train it anymore on my shadow (balance spec btw). never use it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.