Pvping as jedi shadow

Stevenatoir

Ok guys im currently lvling a jedi shadow specced into INFILTRATION and im lvl 17 and im loving every little bit of it.

I made a video

I did not make this video to show my skills or anything cause i know im a crappy jedi shadow and i just want you guys to check out my video and tell me what i can improve on and how i can start my openers, i know im only lvl 17 and i would also like you guys to tell me when i get my spells how i can improve my rotation and etc. Just check out the video and tell me what i can improve on like my openers and my rotation after my opener and i like i said, i did not make this video for me to show off my skills cause i know im even close to being as good as the other jedi shadows.

I would not open up with Force Stun. Save that for when they are around 40% or if your target is about to cast a heal. Since you dont have many of the INF talents or abilities yet, start with either double strike or shadow strike. Obviously, when you get the proc for the reduced cost/armor pen shadow strike, hit them with it, but since you dont have too many abilities right now, i would start with one of those two abilities. Later on, you will get a stun opener that is good and also a talentable stun called "low slash". also, when you get your taunts, make sure to use those to get guardian medals/ help out allies. Outside of that, just focus on burst dmg till you get more abilities.

For interrupts, you will soon (if you don't already have it) obtain Mind Snap. It's not a stun, but it is an interrupt that causes your target to be unable to use the skill you've just interrupted for a few precious seconds. And it's on a pretty fast cooldown timer, initially 15 seconds, which in the Infil tree can be traited down to 12 seconds.

This will become your bread-and-butter interrupt.

I save my stuns and knockbacks for when I need them to interrupt something while Mind Snap is on cooldown, or for when my target is attempting to flee.

Yes, always interrupt with Mind Snap first, and then Low Slash. Mind Snap is good because not only does it interrupt, it blocks that skill for a few seconds (which completely throws them off). Low Slash is also great, because it does a surprisingly high amount of damage. It does nearly as much as Double Strike, but it's only one hit, meaning that it actually crits higher.

Only time to use Force Stun is immediately after your burst rotation. At higher levels, you do some semi-weak skills for a few seconds to get all your procs up, and then you have a sudden burst of devastating damage with Shadow Strike, Project, and Force Breach. Stringing those together will down a large part of your enemy's health, and then you stun to keep them from healing/CCing while you finish them off.

If they're running away, just use Force Slow (when you get it later). It cuts them down to half of their run speed, which makes you nigh impossible to escape.

some of this and other good info was said already, but if i had to pick the top 3 i'd tell another inf shadow:

Dont use a move unless you have the buff for it beforehand; i.e. dont use project without its buffs, dont do the in the bk attack without its buff. minus double strike/clairvoyant since they generate buffs

Use force potency, its the best i don't think i saw you use it in the vid, but i might have missed it.

Get the original attack you have, the free slashing attack you start with, off your quickslot and never use it again. stick with double strike/clairvoyant strike

Edited by TheWillDudley