The Force

Lavariusstar

The Force is pretty much the main part of Star Wars,Light Side,or Dark Side.Everyone has different philosophies about what the Force is and their opinion of it.So........whats your guy's opinions of the force? Do you think it's one of the best concepts every made? or do you think that it's one of the worst concepts to have ever been thought of.For me personally,I think it was one of the most really creative concepts to be made. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.........:cool: Edited by Lavariusstar

These are my thoughts on the force.

The Force was a really impressive, inventive canvas of creation until 1999.

The prequels narrowed many things about the Star Wars universe, and the force is one of them. It rendered what was this enigmatic binding of all life in the galaxy that was so incomprehensible it could only properly be called the force a crude and boring thing.

Look at the opening scene from Dark Forces 2, from the 2 minute mark:

We see Jerec do two things with the force that we never see after the prequels. I understand I sound like a Star Wars hipster, but I firmly believe the force was a better thing before it was tied down and restricted in 1999.

When the prequels came around, the force was bottlenecked into a crude palette of weapons. You can choke someone, push someone, shoot lightning at someone, jump high, occasionally run fast, and minimally levitate things. That is it.

The final blow was of course in The Force Unleashed (an ironic title, actually), that basically said the height of your power as a force user is being able to push really big things (sometimes with lightning, but only if you're bad).

It even shows in The Old Republic, but that's more of a result of these decisions than a contributor to their effects.

My opinion of the force, when I saw Star Wars in 77, was that it was one of the best creations in fiction I had ever seen.

Now it is meaningless and boring.

Edited by Dylancholy

These are my thoughts on the force.

The Force was a really impressive, inventive canvas of creation until 1999.

The prequels narrowed many things about the Star Wars universe, and the force is one of them. It rendered what was this enigmatic binding of all life in the galaxy that was so incomprehensible it could only properly be called the force a crude and boring thing.

Look at the opening scene from Dark Forces 2, from the 2 minute mark:

We see Jerec do two things with the force that we never see after the prequels. I understand I sound like a Star Wars hipster, but I firmly believe the force was a better thing before it was tied down and restricted in 1999.

When the prequels came around, the force was bottlenecked into a crude palette of weapons. You can choke someone, push someone, shoot lightning at someone, jump high, occasionally run fast, and minimally levitate things. That is it.

The final blow was of course in The Force Unleashed (an ironic title, actually), that basically said the height of your power as a force user is being able to push really big things (sometimes with lightning, but only if you're bad).

It even shows in The Old Republic, but that's more of a result of these decisions than a contributor to their effects.

My opinion of the force, when I saw Star Wars in 77, was that it was one of the best creations in fiction I had ever seen.

Now it is meaningless and boring.

I agree with some of the points you made