The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rakata gear = No shield rating

Smokey_swtor

Has anyone noticed this?

I was just reviewing stuff and realized that rakata gear has NO shield rating!!! lol...

ALL of the Rakata stuff has absorb and defense rating with the exception of the offhand and implants.

Is this a red flag that we may be:

A) Off on our thoughts about shield rating?

B) Maybe a mistake by dev's?

C) ????????

Im confused about all of this and was wondering if anyone else noticed this and what your thought were on it.

Math is not my strong suit, anyone figured the numbers on full rakata supercommando gear?

Thanks!!

Edited by Smokey_swtor

Giving the devs the benefit of the doubt, I'd say that they intend for players to customize the stats on endgame gear by swapping out mods and enhancements from different pieces, rather that using everything "straight out of the box." In addition, the lack of enhancements with high absorb or which combine crit and power suggest that the devs don't want it to be too easy to get your stats exactly how you want them and instead want you to make sacrifices to optimize.

Not giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'd say at some point accuracy was much more useful in endgame and they neglected to change the itemization when they changed how accuracy worked.

I just looked over the all the rakata and battlemaster gear. Each of them has the exact same mods in them.

So.. which mods are we actually suppose to swap with???

Did any crafts get the ability to make (58) enhancements, armoring, and mods? Cause if they did not... we are stuck with what we got... =no shield rating lol...

Maybe with our armor level raaching a certain point... dodge/parry is the way to go? I know our HP pool is really nice lol... im almost @24K... maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe they intentionally nerfed us so other tank classes could compete? I know a lot of people prefer us vanguards over others for some reason. Im going to assume its because of being a range class?

Oh well.. thanks for your input everyone.

I won my first piece of Columi gear recently, and was surprised to see it only has absorb. I'm upgrading from player made purple + augment, so I'm up on armor, aim, endurance and absorb, but down almost 50 points each in defense and shielding. That's about 1% for each.

Time will tell if the tradeoff is worth it, but it definitely seems like the trooper armor should have some degree of shielding on it.

I just looked over the all the rakata and battlemaster gear. Each of them has the exact same mods in them.

So.. which mods are we actually suppose to swap with???

Did any crafts get the ability to make (58) enhancements, armoring, and mods? Cause if they did not... we are stuck with what we got... =no shield rating lol...

Maybe with our armor level raaching a certain point... dodge/parry is the way to go? I know our HP pool is really nice lol... im almost @24K... maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe they intentionally nerfed us so other tank classes could compete? I know a lot of people prefer us vanguards over others for some reason. Im going to assume its because of being a range class?

Oh well.. thanks for your input everyone.

Swap for some Columi enhancements with Shield Rating and Defense; it's more than worth going down a "tier" in order to shed that useless accuracy; Rakata still has the superior armoring and mods

I wouldn't really call the accuracy useless, since the armor pen it provides increases damage which increases threat.

Again, accuracy does NOT provide armor pen.

After 100% it decreases the chance to be dodge/resisted.

Actually, with the PvE set (unchanged) you will be over capped (I read a boss has 8% dodge) and one should really avoid accuracy for PvP.

Edited by Hyrune

• 3 weeks later...