A call to arms: Server Merge

WhiskyJax

There are too many servers ....we need to focus on getting some consolidation soon for the games own good, and ours. While i am sure the population is dropping some the sheer number of servers make it seem far worse and in the end might be costing us more players then any bug

Say for example we are down to a million players 1000 000

Current line of thought is 15-20% are online at peak 150 000-200 000

spread out of 216 servers 694-925

2 factions 347-463

Those numbers are if population was spread out evenly they are not...

We need swg back pre cu

We need the servers merged because they put up too many, its making the population look smaller then what it is and creating a false impression. We have lost players due to this false impression lets stop the bleeding by making it known that we want this...

Edited by WhiskyJax

We need the servers merged because they put up too many, its making the population look smaller then what it is and creating a false impression. We have lost players due to this false impression lets stop the bleeding by making it known that we want this...

Players don't quit because of the impression that other players are gone.

They quit because they experience the very real effects of poor server populations on their server. You make it sound like players say to themselves "I want to play a popular game, and this game doesn't seem all that popular." While I'm sure there's an infinitesimal fraction of the player base that thinks in such shallow terms, the people who are leaving because of pops right now do not have a "false impression." They are leaving because of the reality of life on their server.

I was thinking about the transfers for oceanic players

When we get local servers and how I can't wait to get there with 20ms latency

Instead of my usual 200+

But then I started thinking of the very small pub community

On my sever and which at least 10-15 are Australian also.

This server cannot afford to lose 10 players on pub side