A cat guy for a romanc companion? Absolutely disgusting!

PhoenixDream

Just.... ick!

And is he going to try to kiss me?

Is he going to ask me to marry him like happened with my other (who I also despised)? Just... yuck!

I get the feeling the dev's who wrote these storylines for female players seriously HATE the idea of a female player enjoying the romance storylines in this game. :mad:

Edited by Parali
inappropriate content - *******ity reference

Granted, I haven't played every class/gender combination yet, but from what I've seen so far male knights, consulars, and troopers all get female companions that are easy to generate genuine affection with while female knights get a womanizing sleez ball and female troopers get an uptight fur ball. These female romance story lines were obviously written by men, not women, and they gave no serious thought towards what women would actually like to experience from a romantic story line.

Besides, it makes no sense to me at all that LA/BW would take such a strong stance against same gender relationships but no stance whatsoever against cross-species relationships.

Granted, I haven't played every class/gender combination yet, but from what I've seen so far male knights, consulars, and troopers all get female companions that are easy to generate genuine affection with while female knights get a womanizing sleez ball and female troopers get an uptight fur ball. These female romance story lines were obviously written by men, not women, and they gave no serious thought towards what women would actually like to experience from a romantic story line.

Besides, it makes no sense to me at all that LA/BW would take such a strong stance against same gender relationships but no stance whatsoever against cross-species relationships.

Well said!!

Hopefully someone on the Dev team will listen!

These female romance story lines were obviously written by men, not women, and they gave no serious thought towards what women would actually like to experience from a romantic story line.

A woman wrote at least some of them. Jennifer Helper, I believe.

And they aren't taking a strong stance against SGRA. They are planning on adding it with new companions that will be available in the future content. They also aren't dismissing the possibility of tweaking existing ones.

I love my Commando so I don’t think this is a valid option, BUT, if you were to roll a Sith Warrior you would have a mostly human crew and 2 of them are valid (human) love interests (from a female POV). Edited by Exartess

A woman wrote at least some of them. Jennifer Helper, I believe.

And they aren't taking a strong stance against SGRA. They are planning on adding it with new companions that will be available in the future content. They also aren't dismissing the possibility of tweaking existing ones.

I swear Kaliyo (Imp Agent companion) is already SGRA...she has consistent dialogue about "hooking up" with a twi'lek girl, "seducing" a female mandalorian, and we fade to black over cocktails...She just doesn't like courting gifts. She's a much better romantic option than Vector the bug-boy.

"You and me, Agent"...

I swear Kaliyo (Imp Agent companion) is already SGRA...she has consistent dialogue about "hooking up" with a twi'lek girl, "seducing" a female mandalorian, and we fade to black over cocktails...She just doesn't like courting gifts. She's a much better romantic option than Vector the bug-boy.

"You and me, Agent"...

Actually, my Agent is female, and I *am* getting this sort of vibe from Kalyo. But it's just her "tough and nihilistic" insecurity attitude, I believe.

And yeah, vector is kind of... off. Not romancing him. Will either be a pure professional Agent, or wait till there's an interesting character added via patches\updates.

My daugher is old enough to play this game, but I won't let her specifically because of what is implied with this character that is patterned after a domestic animal.

A twilek has skin, is human in appearance, and is not an issue. It is a fantasy game about aliens. But I draw the line with this one in particular. A cat is very much an issue and I do not like the message this sends. It is truly disgusting!

Implied sex happens quite often in this game. Seems this is true more for male toons than female, which in itself is rather biast. But he looks like a cat, has fangs like a cat, has fur like a cat!

Additionally, we cannot change his appearance in the game like we can with other companion characters. But if we could, his race is still a cat race!

There is a mission on Tython that involves a cat person (who is the same race as Aric), and she is very deliberately discribed as a cat!

This is just sick!

I love my Commando so I don’t think this is a valid option, BUT, if you were to roll a Sith Warrior you would have a mostly human crew and 2 of them are valid (human) love interests (from a female POV).

Interesting that you have to be Imperial (who is most often considered to be dark side) to actually have viable options.... and more than one of them to boot!