The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

tanking spec

Dar-Gen

I have two valuable question to solve the rotation and my ability to tank properly even though i think i am, problem is i keep hearing that rail shot is a must and that other abilities are useless but i cant find any use for it for these reasons:

It has to proc

it has 15 sec cd

it costs 16 heat

there are better skills

so basically i took it off my bar, never felt the need for it and out of that occurs question number two. In the talent tree you take the 60% to get the 2% dmg reduction talent and the cylinder buff 8% more dmg. my problem is why bother, 2% less dmg of what? i take hits of 500 dmg, 2% of that is 10 dmg... cardio gives me from 15k health 450 more hp! i wonder which one is better?... it would take me 45 hits to get to its worth in health... the bigger issue is that i end up wasting 3 points in silly skills like extra heat from disorientation and ion gas slow point...

i see people say flamethrower is bad... but little do they know that in reality its awesome and important to keep and use even for single dps target for its high dmg, also what are you going to do without it? flame burst him? or shoot him with gun and wait for procs to happen or RS to go off cd...

i really would like to hear peoples opinion to know how to better myself

• 2 weeks later...