Quote on the Death Star

KrosseStarwind

Death Star estimated cost at $852 quadrillion.

[$852,000,000,000,000,000.00]

If you've ever asked yourself "What am I going to do with the $852 quadrillion I stashed under the sofa cushions?" (Oprah, we're obviously talking to you), why not consider building your own Death Star? According to calculations posted on Centives, a blog run by Econ students at Lehigh University, building Darth Vader's planet-destroying mega weapon would cost "roughly 13,000 times the world's GDP" and would require so much steel -- writing the amount uses 15 zeroes -- it would take more than 833,000 years to produce it.

Oh well. The second-best thing to owning an intergalactic weapon? Reading the counter-arguments in the Centives article's comment section.

[[ Original Post: Centives How Much Would It Cost To Build The Death Star ]]

[[ News Post on MSN: Source ]]

Death Star estimated cost at $852 quadrillion.

[$852,000,000,000,000,000.00]

If you've ever asked yourself "What am I going to do with the $852 quadrillion I stashed under the sofa cushions?" (Oprah, we're obviously talking to you), why not consider building your own Death Star? According to calculations posted on Centives, a blog run by Econ students at Lehigh University, building Darth Vader's planet-destroying mega weapon would cost "roughly 13,000 times the world's GDP" and would require so much steel -- writing the amount uses 15 zeroes -- it would take more than 833,000 years to produce it.

Oh well. The second-best thing to owning an intergalactic weapon? Reading the counter-arguments in the Centives article's comment section.

[[ Original Post: Centives How Much Would It Cost To Build The Death Star ]]

[[ News Post on MSN: Source ]]

What's the exchange rate in Republic Credits?