The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Spec Feedback

SMerriman

Hello all,

I'm currently have a 32 Pyro Powertech (have a 50 Jugg) and I'm thinking about using this spec (23/13/5) to level and then eventually do PVP/PVE (HMs) tanking.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGr0RroZMsrboZbc.1

I was wondering if any more experienced powertechs out here on the interwebs could point out the holes in this spec! Thanks.

Part of being a shield-tech tank is that shielding boost we have (10% is huge). Not to mention the absorb boost from ablative upgrades. Heat blast is a nice way to help lower heat, also. I don't think those are worth giving up, nor the 30% crit bonus on rocket punch, to gain retractable blade, and a cd reduction on quell.

Also, as I have been made to realize, that 3% boost in Endurance is a marginal hp gain, in the grand scope of things. It seems you skipped over the debuffs completely. You will certainly want combust, it is an easily applied debuff. A flame sweep will debuff a whole mob for you. It lasts long enough that managing the heat a flame burst gives to maintain it on a mob shouldn't be a problem. Oil spill CD is short enough to be used every fight in PvE, and is certainly a nice dmg reduction boost for elites and champs, or packs of lesser mobs.

I suppose you are taking Neural Overload and No escape for the PvP aspects, correct? Because against most HM bosses, both will be useless. As those are usually immune to stuns and movement impairment.