The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

combat tech gear questions

meandetb

In reading Taurgrim's post/guide this is mentioned concerning gear:

Combat Tech 4-pc set: for the awesome +15% Crit Chance to Rocket Punch (Stockstrike). Alternatively, if you prefer the Supercommando set bonuses, you can go 4-pc Supercommando and swap out the mods for DPS ones

Questions:

Is this gear bought from a PvP vendor? If not, exactly how do I acquire this gear?

It says "4-pc set", does that mean that I just need to get any 4 pieces of this armor or does it only come as a "4-piece set"?

Also, where do I get this offhand shield?

~~~Supercommando Shield offhand~~~~

I know that these questions may have been addressed in other posts but I was unable to find the info after rummaging through them. I'm new to SWtor, been playing for a little over a week and I'm really liking my lvl 30 vangaurd so far! Any edification would be greatly appreciated!

In reading Taurgrim's post/guide this is mentioned concerning gear:

Combat Tech 4-pc set: for the awesome +15% Crit Chance to Rocket Punch (Stockstrike). Alternatively, if you prefer the Supercommando set bonuses, you can go 4-pc Supercommando and swap out the mods for DPS ones

Questions:

Is this gear bought from a PvP vendor? If not, exactly how do I acquire this gear?

It says "4-pc set", does that mean that I just need to get any 4 pieces of this armor or does it only come as a "4-piece set"?

Also, where do I get this offhand shield?

~~~Supercommando Shield offhand~~~~

I know that these questions may have been addressed in other posts but I was unable to find the info after rummaging through them. I'm new to SWtor, been playing for a little over a week and I'm really liking my lvl 30 vangaurd so far! Any edification would be greatly appreciated!

The 4 pc set can be gotten at level 50, there are currently 3 types available for Powertechs, eliminator, combat tech and super commando each with a different 2 set and 4 set bonus, for Iron Fist you either want super commando or combat tech. There are also 3 levels of armor progression - Centurion, Champion and Battlemaster, they all have the same set bonuses, just different levels of stats.

You get the marks (and occasional tokens) for Centurion and Champion gear from doing PvP dailys and weeklys at level 50, each time you complete the quest you a bag (or bags) that have centurion and champion marks earn enough marks you can buy a piece of gear. You also get a chance at a Champion gear token that you exchange for the corresponding champion gear (ie gun token lets you get the gun) from the champion vendor, however the chance of a champion token has been reduced greatly.

Once you reach valor level 60 you start being eligible to get the Battlemaster gear, so instead of picking the champion bags after doing your dailys, you get Battlemaster bags.

You can also buy Champion bags with 200 warzone commendations and 200 mercenary commendations, you earn warzone commendations from doing well warzones, then you buy mercenary commendations with the warzone commendations.

Edited by Dharagada

Thanks for the reply Dhar! So basically I can't really get the gear until I'm 50 so I should just worry about that down the road I guess. I've been doing my PvP dailys on a regular basis, I've found it to be good xp and a lot of fun.

On that note, should I just be saving all my PvP commendation for the time being or are there useful things to use them on at my level (currently 30)?

Thanks again :)