*Video* Vigilance PvP (500k damage!)

-Sithis-

hi there thanks for the vid.

One thing i found out is you need to stop master strike after the second blow. Like near the beginning of your movie, i see you waiting for the third hit and the target got away (and it was dodge?) so you would to actually have to cc back / run after him. The two first hit are really quick but the delay for the third is just too long and make you lose your target more often then not.

hi there thanks for the vid.

One thing i found out is you need to stop master strike after the second blow. Like near the beginning of your movie, i see you waiting for the third hit and the target got away (and it was dodge?) so you would to actually have to cc back / run after him. The two first hit are really quick but the delay for the third is just too long and make you lose your target more often then not.

Yeah, master strike is an incredibly annoying ability, but that third strike will hit for 3.5-4.5k on light armor if you have an expertise adrenal or power relic active, so if I'm not in a particularly dangerous situation, I like to let it hit. Mainly because it is such a big hit with no focus cost :)

Yeah, master strike is an incredibly annoying ability, but that third strike will hit for 3.5-4.5k on light armor if you have an expertise adrenal or power relic active, so if I'm not in a particularly dangerous situation, I like to let it hit. Mainly because it is such a big hit with no focus cost :)

Oh so you're out of retirement now eh vosh?

Back peddling in order to activate Force Leap? 500,000 damage because several healers are cross healing and no one is dying? Not my cup of tea.

Whats wrong with back pedaling for a second to activate an ability that gives a bunch of focus? Granted you can strafe but maybe he wanted to see in front of him before he charged?

Whats wrong with back pedaling for a second to activate an ability that gives a bunch of focus? Granted you can strafe but maybe he wanted to see in front of him before he charged?

well... I guess you could deduct style points. Like when you strafe the same direction your blade storming in, or when you kill someone with overhead instead of dispatch...

Not much of a difference outside of...

style.

personally... I side strafe to gain distance for a leap... as it's MUCH cooler and alows me to show the enemy team my impresive pectorials...

/smile

Edited by VoidJustice

Only tertiary to the vid, but how do you get the camera to zoom out so far? Mine seems stuck with my feet only barely on screen.

Preferences > controls > camera zoom distance I think.

As to those pointing out my backpedaling, yes I did backpedal a lot in this vid. All I can say is, I don't exactly do a lot of kiting as a melee DPS. I usually do strafe to open gaps, but hey, not like it really matters.

And while there were a lot of healers in this game, I have no trouble topping 400k in a WZ with 1 or 2 healers, be it in Voidstar, Alderaan, or Hutball. Just ask my good buddy Axill up there ^.

this wasnt an impressive video at all.

if you check the stats in teh end, you faced 4 healers and the rest of the guys had no stats, so basically you faced people who left/quit as soon as they entered or they didnt do anything.

how come your team has 400k dps and they have none?

you faced noobs/quiters.

this wasnt an impressive video at all.

if you check the stats in teh end, you faced 4 healers and the rest of the guys had no stats, so basically you faced people who left/quit as soon as they entered or they didnt do anything.

how come your team has 400k dps and they have none?

you faced noobs/quiters.

Actually, if his team was beating the other team so badly that they were dying before they could do anything that's another way that things like this happen. I've been in war zones where either we've done that to the enemy team or they've done that to us. So your assumption isn't necessarily accurate.

Actually, if his team was beating the other team so badly that they were dying before they could do anything that's another way that things like this happen. I've been in war zones where either we've done that to the enemy team or they've done that to us. So your assumption isn't necessarily accurate.

Well a battlemaster premade of 4 steam rolling the other team, which they out gear and probably out skill, is essentially what that was. The video is good for entertainment purposes as he isn't on here pushing this as anything else at the moment. It is fun to watch and see how others react in situations and gauge how opponents react to the situation, die lol.

Well a battlemaster premade of 4 steam rolling the other team, which they out gear and probably out skill, is essentially what that was. The video is good for entertainment purposes as he isn't on here pushing this as anything else at the moment. It is fun to watch and see how others react in situations and gauge how opponents react to the situation, die lol.

When will people wake up and realize that Battlemaster gear is barely an improvement over champion? In fact, I do not even wear full BM gear because the base stats are awful, and the pieces I do wear are remodded.

And yes, this video is for entertainment purposes, but it also shows how good guardian can be in group situations.

If any of you think that this is some kind of special circumstance, one time only thing, I encourage you to come play with me on Warriors of the Shadow.

Otherwise, quit QQ'ing that Guardian is so bad (though it does need some touch-ups) while also downplaying what I have put right in front of you.

Finally, I get 400-500k damage all the time (in both Vig and Focus) against full Battlemaster premades. I don't understand why people try so hard to downplay others' success.

When will people wake up and realize that Battlemaster gear is barely an improvement over champion? In fact, I do not even wear full BM gear because the base stats are awful, and the pieces I do wear are remodded.

And yes, this video is for entertainment purposes, but it also shows how good guardian can be in group situations.

If any of you think that this is some kind of special circumstance, one time only thing, I encourage you to come play with me on Warriors of the Shadow.

Otherwise, quit QQ'ing that Guardian is so bad (though it does need some touch-ups) while also downplaying what I have put right in front of you.

Finally, I get 400-500k damage all the time (in both Vig and Focus) against full Battlemaster premades. I don't understand why people try so hard to downplay others' success.

Because these are the swtor forums and if anything GOOD is said about the game or someone or something it must be destroyed and immediately condemned.

Don't ask me why that is the case.

On another note I like the video. Always fun watching Vig pwnage.