The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP dps hybrid build

wishihadaname

There have been a few threads posted recently about PVE dps builds for the vanguard which focus almost entirely on maximum dps/minimum survival. I've come up with a spec for PVP which focuses on a combination of survival/dps. Mind you i'm not 50 yet, but at lvl 43 in Republic Patrol gear, I can break the 2.5k burst medal every single game, I can easily break 50k Protection, and I never get less than 200k damage. This may not work quite as well at 50, idk since i'm not there yet, but what do you guys think of this spec?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801RRMMzZ0cZbIbbdGGM.1

Currently I have everything on that list except rain of fire, focused impact, and smoke grenade. I don't have actual numbers, but HiB crits regularly break 2.5k for me and using the ion cell for my initial bleed/kiting allows me to drag out a fight long enough to use my reactive shield 2 or sometimes even 3 times in 1v1 fight vs other tanks or healers.

In order to get assault plastique i'de either have to drop smoke grenade, rebraced armor, and a point from focused impact, or smoke grenade, and all 3 points of focused impact. Neither option is all that great because I really need focused impact for my 2.5k burst, rebraced armor for overall survival increase, and smoke grenade for screwing with snipers/mando's. +20% miss chance is nothing to sneeze at especially against classes that use alot of weapon damage. Edited by wishihadaname

" and using the ion cell for my initial bleed/kiting allows me to drag out a fight long enough to use my reactive shield 2 or sometimes even 3 times in 1v1 fight vs other tanks or healers. "

do you stay with Ion Cell on all the time?

or you switch back and forth between Ion Cell and Plasma Cell ?

The advantage of the plasma cell is a noticabely better bleed, however, its no more reliable then the ion cell if you spec the way I suggested. I keep the ion cell on at all times as it increases my defenses segnificantly and allows me to go from dps to tank without any sort of induction, I just turn on my guard and start using defenses/taunts.

There have been a few threads posted recently about PVE dps builds for the vanguard which focus almost entirely on maximum dps/minimum survival. I've come up with a spec for PVP which focuses on a combination of survival/dps. Mind you i'm not 50 yet, but at lvl 43 in Republic Patrol gear, I can break the 2.5k burst medal every single game, I can easily break 50k Protection, and I never get less than 200k damage. This may not work quite as well at 50, idk since i'm not there yet, but what do you guys think of this spec?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801RRMMzZ0cZbIbbdGGM.1

Currently I have everything on that list except rain of fire, focused impact, and smoke grenade. I don't have actual numbers, but HiB crits regularly break 2.5k for me and using the ion cell for my initial bleed/kiting allows me to drag out a fight long enough to use my reactive shield 2 or sometimes even 3 times in 1v1 fight vs other tanks or healers.

Can I ask why you chose Republic Patrol gear? I stashed a set of Centurion gear to use at 40, but looking over stats etc.. To me it almost looks like Patrol is just as good if not slightly better... I'm SS right now, so slightly different than your hybrid.

I'm using patrol gear because i'm not lvl 50 yet and I spent all of my commendations thus far equipping all of Havoc Squad in patrol gear also. I intend to simply keep upgrading the suit with cybertech mods aimed at surge, crit, power and using aim armoring. I'll probably pick up the centurion set at some point, rip the mods out, then blast that ugly thing out the airlock. The build depends alot on your crits, and power helps crank up your bleed output since it seems to affect every tick.

• 2 months later...