How well will this run TOR?

spectreclees

I'll be picking up a new pc this week and was wondering if this set up will be good for TOR? I'm probably going to play on High at first just to see but with most games I don't really like High settings (it makes some things hard to see at times) anyway, how will this do:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DYDRC

(sorry if wrong forum it was a question to the community so i figured it was fitting :p )

Edited by spectreclees

It'll run SWTOR just fine on high settings. So long as you download all the current drivers for your vid card. this is almost the same build I just put together myself except I am running 16GB Ram and an XFX Radeon HD 6870 1 GIG vid card and I am running with everything maxed, including shadows, and averaging 85+ FPS in almost every zone I've played in. Mind I still haven't PVP'd since I'm not max lvl yet. The game runns very smooth and looks gorgeous. You can save some money by downgrading your vid card to the 1 gig model if you are dead set on the 6900 series. They are amazing cards but unless you are running multiple monitors and have insanely graphic intensive programs the 2 gigg card you have listed won't give you any benefit over the 1 gig card in SWTOR or most games out right now. I know it sounds weird but if you MUST have 2 gigs of video memory running, run two 1 gig cards in crossfire/sli. You will get much better performance over one single 2 gig card. With that said, my 6870 runs MW3, BF3, and SWTOR beautifully with no hiccups and VERY respectable frame rates and it only cost me $150 after rebate, allowing me to crosfire with another 6870 and still stay relatively cheaper than the 6900 series if I ever decide to go overkill. Notheless a good build and will run SWTOR fine. Also if you have any computer savvy friends or have experiance building pc's yourself you can save even more money ordering all your components from tigerdirect.com or newegg.com and build it yourself. That way you know 100% what parts are in your pc and know how it was put together. Buying this way also offers rebates on alot of components lowering your cost even further allowing you to build a bigger monster within your budget. I went with Tigerdirect for my build. Anyway, I'm rambling. Good luck! Edited by carnott

SWTOR needs a strong and powerful Graphics card due to the engine they used to make this game.... (preferred 1-2gigs onboard video ram Nvidia gtx 560 or 580 cards work well. or ATI HD68xx series works well too) ...... Cpu i5 or a core 2 duo quad is ok (i7 of course will be the best. AMD not too sure since i dont use an AMD system)... system ram between 4-6gig (is enough but more the better of course) Edited by RkJedi