The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear question for 31-0-10 pvp

JayWh

Hey guys just a quick question. Which 2 champion survivor pieces would be best for kinetic pvp play? I want to get the 2 piece bonus but i am having a hard time deciding which 2 would be the best for pvp. Seems like you got to decide between defense/shield rating and absorption. Any suggestions?

Hey guys just a quick question. Which 2 champion survivor pieces would be best for kinetic pvp play? I want to get the 2 piece bonus but i am having a hard time deciding which 2 would be the best for pvp. Seems like you got to decide between defense/shield rating and absorption. Any suggestions?

For PVP, you don't really want any of those stats since they are mostly ineffective. They only work on ranged and melee attacks, but not tech and force; as a result you can really ruin a sniper's, fellow Shadow's (not all that much if you are Kinetic since Project and TK Throw are both Force abilities which fully bypass non-armor defensive stats) or Jedi Knight's day (though those I believe have a way around that too), whereas the stats don't do a whole lot against the majority of devastating attacks in PvP, including those from Operatives, Sorcerors and Bounty Hunters. Overall tank stats give a fairly low gain in survivability for a major sacrifice in damage output. As a result I personally have found DPS oriented stats to be far more effective than tank stats.

So if you were to follow this advice, the best thing you could really do is get two PvP Survivor pieces (since Spinning Kick cooldown reduction is very powerful) and the rest Stalker PVP pieces, while replacing the defensive mods in the Survivor pieces by DPS mods. You could follow two strategies choosing which pieces:

• Choose the pieces with the best tank stats and cannibalize those mods for use in a PvE tankset.
  • Choose the PvP pieces with the best stats and take Survivor for the two slots with the worst Stalker itemization.

Either way, it seems best to avoid Accuracy for the most part. I'm not sure about raid environments, but in PvP it's pretty low on use. (And you get some unavoidable accuracy from earpieces and implants anyways) Accuracy is the chance you hit with certain attacks, and counteracts your opponents defensive stat. Since Project and TK Throw bypass defense, and Spinning Strike and Double Strike are classed as special attacks (with 100% base accuracy), the stat just doesn't seem to do a whole lot for the vital Kinetic attacks.

Edited by SWB-NL

i use 4P survivor bonus +5% dmg to players, as i have guard on someone all the time and the force slow + interrupt range doesn't matter for my gameplay style. 5% is a lot.

Swaped mods (yes i geared up quickly with old token system and now i have no use for extra champions tokens so i have almost 2 times full set (still few ranks for battle master as i am lazy slacker to be on ilum)