The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Suggestions for Powertech

Cazzoccide

Hello guys i really like Powertech although i still see some flaws in the design, so i want to give my suggestions and feedback to the developers, feel free to add or discuss about anything:

- Heat Blast: it generally has poor design and a poor animation as many have stated, there's some work needed here, ether give some nice effect or rework it into another ability that dosent necessarily dissipate heat, but instead generate more aggro or something.

- Immolate: im not sure why Adv,prototype has many uses for fire abilites when it is Pyrotech's job, it should focus on melee, punching, stabbing, knvies and blades, thats the theme as I see it, change it to some kinda of more melee'ish ability, such as: Superhated Blade that consumes any bleed to deal extra damage by Cauterizing the wound, to accomodate this change Rectrable Blade's bleed will last 9s and its direct damage will be increased.

- Prototype Flame Thrower: i really like this talent, it gives a nice burst with the nice flame thrower animation, although its gonna be an issue in pvp where the action is frenetic and in no way effective as it should be, my suggestion is to reduce its channled time by 50% at 5 stacks.

- Since all classes get something similar to Shoulder slam and as suggested by many those abilites kinda suck i think they should be reused to address something the class is missing, my suggestion is this:

Shoulder Slam

Instant

Cooldown: 15s

Range: 4 m

Slams into the target with a rocket-propelled shoulder charge, dealing 2253 - 2315 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets or 1613 - 1676 kinetic damage to strong targets.

Shield-Tech will have a talent to let it reduce heat by 8 when used, the animation shows some gas dissipating from the shoulder so it should fit well already, Adv.Prototype should have a talent that will be basically replacing Flame Barrage and instead increase the damage of your next Shoulder Slam by 10% , stacks up 2.