The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trooper Vanguard Questions PVP ....I need help.

iraqcombatvet

Is it just me or does Trooper Vanguard seem to be a little lacking in the DPS department?

Honest discussion here people.

I am honestly very curious what other vanguard bros think. I just hit BM, I have BM eliminator earpiece, and two BM eliminator implants. The rest of my gear is Champ focusing on Surge, Crit, Power, and Aim.

Damage Pri 6345-7855

Bon Dam 332.2

Acc- 98.99

Crit Chance- 18.01

Crit Mult- 70.17

This is what my Ranged damage looks like right now. I have a 5/8/28 Skill tree build.

Without complaining or whinning, I will say that before the surge/crit nerf I had very good DPS, mainly blast DPS. It was nice. But now, it seems like my crits have gone from 4000k to 1500k. Not trying to over-exaggerate this at all peeps. I just don't get it.

With all the healers, gaurd modes, blah blah blah, it seems like everyone is pouncing on each other for hours in WZ's without dying. It's super frustrating. Anyone one out there have any ideas of how to improve this class after Bioware nerfed its most valuable stat?

And lets be completely honest with ourselves. The surge/crit "fix" may have been a little too big. Thanks for reading and take care.