Has anyone noticed that this is supposed to be war between the Republic and Empire ?

Dalarin

Um I'm not sure about the rest of the classes but when I reached chapter 3 it said:

"The Treaty of Coruscant has been broken"

So class-story wise it's ok; maybe what you would like is for the planets to be in different phases for people on different stages of their class quest, i.e. I'm referring to how WoW in Wrath of the Lich King had phasing for world environments when you completed certain quests which - if I'm not mistaken - effectively prevented players whom had completed certain quests from encountering people who hadn't. I think they have it here too but I'm not sure whether it works the same.

I simply posted because I was looking for insight like many of you have provided.

I'm not a lore expert on TOR. I like the original game and have always enjoyed bioware's work. Add to that a Star Wars MMO and I was thoroughly into the idea. Through all the information releases, the videos, the images, and the emphasis in it's development on the sith returning and there being a WAR, I was expecting a war.

I did follow the "story arcs" but I was seriously hoping that somewhere it would end up that we were a part of the action in the universe and not just some interspersed characters which will ultimately have no impact whatsoever on where the game goes from here.

Victim of the hype i guess (which is absolutely my fault). I saw the intro video and was like excellent I get to fight. I get into the game and I feel "that was a cool story but what did it actually do".

Now as I said originally I don't see the development heading in an escalating direction.

Personally I see a direction where the devs are saying "ok, we will introduce things that both sides have to deal with but are separate of the idea of empire vs. republic"

I.E. "Uh oh, there's an ancient alien race that is threatening both the empire and the republic so they have to fight to same end" eventually leading into ok in this case you need to team up with a sith however much you don't like it because some "greater" evil is here for you to fight.

My inference to the evil not being quite evil comes from being a sith and making morally good choice. They should all be BAD choices of varying degrees not well I'll save this person to get lightside points. If that's the case, then you should have been a Jedi.

Just saying.

I don't think there are many people who post to qq. I personally did it to get people's opinions on the game direction.