Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

My Processor

samandkyle

Hey there, I am writing this thread after purchasing this game last night!

I will firstly give you my specs.

Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T3400 @2.16GHz 2.17GHz

3.00GB RAM

Graphics card is onboard as I'm on a Laptop (Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset)

I meet the minimum system requirements by a good distance and I run on Windows 7 on an Advent Laptop.

I log in an it's choppy. I have gotten some advice and sorted out the files to lower the graphics in game and I have taken the graphics as low as possible. I have also got running Game booster which closes programs i dont need and my system is defragged.

I am lucky if i get 3-4 fps.

My computer will run WoW at 49fps usually at medium graphics and I have the required Dual Core can someone please help me or I have just wasted £45.

Yes, you meet the minimum requirements. However, those requirements are the bare minimums that will run the game. To get decent performance, you probably need to have 4-6 GB of RAM (assuming you are running the 64-bit version of Win 7).

Your bottleneck is probably the graphics card. Giving it more RAM will help, but won't solve all of the game performance issues.

Hey there, I am writing this thread after purchasing this game last night!

I will firstly give you my specs.

Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T3400 @2.16GHz 2.17GHz

3.00GB RAM

Graphics card is onboard as I'm on a Laptop (Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset)

I meet the minimum system requirements by a good distance and I run on Windows 7 on an Advent Laptop.

I log in an it's choppy. I have gotten some advice and sorted out the files to lower the graphics in game and I have taken the graphics as low as possible. I have also got running Game booster which closes programs i dont need and my system is defragged.

I am lucky if i get 3-4 fps.

My computer will run WoW at 49fps usually at medium graphics and I have the required Dual Core can someone please help me or I have just wasted £45.

You are in fire as they say, that mobile Pentium is not the equivalent of a desktop Core2 Duo. It might run it but just barely. And since the Win7 requirment is 2.0 gigs or ram that leaves you with only one gig to cache files and share the total with the integrated video card. That integrated card is not very usable either.

In short you're hurting. You could try the directx9 dll fix , but I doubt it would help much.

Time for a new comp in my opinion.

What are the system requirements for the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better

nVidia 7800 or better

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

Edited by HanoverFist

You need more RAM, and an mobile graphics card like that won't really cut it. Swtor is not laptop friendly, hell, it's not even all that desktop friendly. WoW used to run on my old laptop quite well also, but the grpahics and requirements for WoW are much lower, it's comparing apples to oranges really. Sadly, without a more powerful rig, you'll be stuck at low frame rates.

Hi everyone!

We've closed this thread as we have consolidated discussions related to hardware and builds. Please check out these threads; we encourage you to post in one of them:

Also, please be sure to see our FAQ regarding Technical Requirements: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#171060