Pyro Merc - Eternity Vault: Ancient Pylons question

Aelrail

I have a question for those brave souls doing PvE ops as Pyro.

The question is regarding the Ancient Pylons encounter in Eternity Vault (16 man).

First of all, I understand the encounter mechanics and I know not to damage the adds while the reflective shield is up and not aggro them before the tank has established aggro.

My problem is that even being REALLY careful about the reflective shield I still get killed in the encounter on a regular basis.

For example last night I got killed, was battle rezed and without even touching any of the adds (was healing myself up) got roflstomped again.

I am beginning to think that the issue is that the DoTs ALREADY on the target also get reflected once their reflective shield goes up.

Has any of you encountered this issue? or similar?

Thanks

Pyro Merc is a pvp spec with horrible heat management.

If the reflective shield is killing you, which I am sure it does since you're playing a dot spec... solve the riddles instead, less chance to get gibbed.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude

I'm a PT Pyro, but those things are never alive longn enough to do anything. Everyone just picks out in advance which one they want, and as soon as it spawns, hit it with a normal owning move, then do it again.

For example, as soon as it pops, I throw a TD, rail shot it, then unload it, then fire off a missle to knock it down again if still alive. Never even take damage from them. This is on 8 man NM though, so maybe the mechanics are different on 16 man.