Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

GTN & Inventory

Stockdale

Hi

First of all gratz for TOR, a really entertaining game!

One suggestion I would like to make, if it hasn't been made already, is to have access to one's cargo items when using the GTN. It would make things easier as you don't need to take out the items from your cargo to your inventory and then use the GTN.

Another nice thing to have would be the ability to get the items stocked piled automaticaly. What I mean is, when you right clik on an item from your invetory to put it in the cargo, it goes in your first empty slot, even if you already have more of the same item. Instead of clicking and dragging the item on its corresponding pile from the inventory to the cargo, or vice-versa, having it done automatically would be good imo.

If the 2 suggestions are already available in-game and I haven't noticed them, please tell me how to use them :p

That's all from me. Keep up the good work Bioware!

By mistake, I have posted this thread in the Customer Service section. This is the link, maybe a mod wants to delete it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=314963

Another nice thing to have would be the ability to get the items stocked piled automaticaly.

They've fixed that, recently. Just right-click on stuff in your inventory and it stacks on existing instances of that item in your cargo hold.

Edit: they forgot to put it in the patch notes, apparently, so no shame in not having found it out.

Edited by Baelish

They've fixed that, recently. Just right-click on stuff in your inventory and it stacks on existing instances of that item in your cargo hold.

Edit: they forgot to put it in the patch notes, apparently, so no shame in not having found it out.

Hehe thanks a lot. I didn't even try it, to say the truth, since I didn't see it in any patch note.

I've given up on reading the patchnotes already.... Whats in there is usualy still broken, and other things are fixed :p

No, I didn't mean it in that way. I actually think they are doing a good job for what I've seen till now. Did not hit 50 yet and haven't been on Illum but I have enjoyed the game till now.I think they have delivered what they promised before the release.

I think that the problem is that people had imagined another game :) If you listen/read to Bioware's interviews before the release, they didn't promise anything that it's not in the game now. So you "knew" what you were buying.

My idea is that they would be building more content from there onwards (see Legacy system, Rakghoul, another warzone, etc).

If you like the game, stories, etc you can still keep on playing until more content is released, if you have finished all there is for now. Otherwise one can always come back later when the content is actually released. But QQing won't resolve anything :)

One suggestion I would like to make, if it hasn't been made already, is to have access to one's cargo items when using the GTN. It would make things easier as you don't need to take out the items from your cargo to your inventory and then use the GTN.

There is usually cargo access relatively close to the GTN terminals. I can understand that this would be a nice feature, but I don't think it is necessary.

Another nice thing to have would be the ability to get the items stocked piled automaticaly. What I mean is, when you right clik on an item from your invetory to put it in the cargo, it goes in your first empty slot, even if you already have more of the same item. Instead of clicking and dragging the item on its corresponding pile from the inventory to the cargo, or vice-versa, having it done automatically would be good imo.

This already happens in game. It was implemented in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3. The catch is if the amount you are transferring would make more than 1 stack, it creates a new stack and does not fill out the one in your bank. So, if you have 88 of an item in the bank and transfer 10 items, it will stack properly and make a stack of 98. Now, if you try to transfer another 10 items, the stack will stay at 98 and a new stack of 10 will be created in the first open bank slot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.