Future Companions

Elder

Whether it's for the current classes or for new ones, we're gonna need more of these guys. Here's what i'd like to see:

A bothan spy. Abilities would probably be based on the opperative, lots of stabbing.

An Ithorian Force Adept: Have you noticed that none of the healing companions are force users? They all seem to be based somewhat off of the smuggler, healing and using pistols.

Bring back HK-51. Thinking about it, why 51 though? It's been 300 years since KotOR 2 (HK-51 was actually part of the cut content for that game). Why can't their have been a couple new models? HK-74 perhaps (plaing off of the old HK/AK-47 pun)? So long as he calls organic creatures meat-bags.

A GO-TO style interrogation/intelligence droid, crits on slicing, etc.

A child-prodigy in the force. Lets have a little kid who can do some serious cc. I'm thinking abilities based off of a Sage or a Sorceror.

Any other ideas out there?

Edited by Elder

• 1 month later...

I would really love a female Voss of some kind whether a mystic or not doesn't really matter though it would be odd if either the Jedi Knight or the Sith Inquisitor got another Force User think they should balance that out a bit.

A friend of mine really wanted an Esh-Ka companion for his Jedi Consular and I agree that would be awesome though I'm hesitant on how people would react to yet another non-voiced companion for that class.

I've been quite fond of the Star Wars bug species such as the Killik, Gand and such, but my favorite of them all the Verpine have been mysteriously missing.

Beat me to it. Was busy hunting down Pazaak threads to push Bioware into adding such :p.

But ya, we do need more "Randomly" encountered companions. Not the ones we get in stories, but ones we actually do get at random. They could be timed, side-quested, festive, or even legacy unlocked as children or something. We do need more seeing how this is an MMO and all.

Need more from unplayable races, current ones that haven't been used, and ones from unused classes. Should be fun turning your ship into a companion center.

I personally want more lovable serious tomboyish female companions to flirt with. You guys? Choose whatever you want haha!

I remember (mis)reading that we would encounter companions at random by winning them over by luck and such. If anything, we were given them by force, with no say. Need ones with which we can choose and assist, or deny, in their various side-quests.

Edited by Subtrance

An idea I previously posted was customizable companions. You would have your class companions, and then if none of them suited you, you could create an additional companion with the following options:

-choose gender

-choose personality type (strictly for how they react to your dialogue choices, since it's unlikely you would be able to interact with them directly since they won't have their own side quests)

-choose race: they could be any sentient npc race. Get tons of variety that way and reuse existing models. Maybe make it so you can only pick races you have unlocked a codec entry for to make an Easter egg hunt out of it

-choose role: tank, healer, dps, you know the drill

This would allow people to be able to use all the "freak" races they want.