Companions for leveling

Obelith

Hi All,

I have really been taking my leveling slowly and enjoying the journey. I am an avid pvper and currently V32 for level 33. Trying to keep them as close together is a personal challenge and gives me plenty of points for gear. I have my full L40 PvP gear waiting for me, and I am building up some companion gear, preferably a full set. I have half of Khem's heavy tank gear so far.

It dawned on me today, that I'll get Talos before 40. My question to the Assassins of Swtor.com is how game changing is Talos?

For Soloing do you go Talos and don't look back?

I have always found Khems tanking to be kind of lack-luster, and the downtime dismissing him and re-summoning him as well as topping myself up from the bad job at holding agro he did is annoying.

I'm more than happy to start getting Talos's gear, hell the amount of PvP I do to levels I get, I'll probably have both sets - but all opinions are welcome :)

Hi All,

I have really been taking my leveling slowly and enjoying the journey. I am an avid pvper and currently V32 for level 33. Trying to keep them as close together is a personal challenge and gives me plenty of points for gear. I have my full L40 PvP gear waiting for me, and I am building up some companion gear, preferably a full set. I have half of Khem's heavy tank gear so far.

It dawned on me today, that I'll get Talos before 40. My question to the Assassins of Swtor.com is how game changing is Talos?

For Soloing do you go Talos and don't look back?

I have always found Khems tanking to be kind of lack-luster, and the downtime dismissing him and re-summoning him as well as topping myself up from the bad job at holding agro he did is annoying.

I'm more than happy to start getting Talos's gear, hell the amount of PvP I do to levels I get, I'll probably have both sets - but all opinions are welcome :)

If your madness or deception i would recommend Telos if your darkness i would go for Ashara

I used khem til Talos and that was pretty much it. Talos heals make a world of difference IMO.

I leveled as Deception and swapped to Darkness for about a week to try it out. I never felt my DPS was lacking only my survivability at times.

Now even on Deception I can take multiple Elites if nessasary with Talos. Sure you would mind Trap one prior but accidents happen ;)

Thanks all,

Figured my play style probably suits Talos more. I am currently Madness just for the pure dps. Talos topping me up will make life a lot easier as my DPS isn't lacking. Picked up 4 L40 Pvp pieces for Talos last night and should finish the set tonight.

Hoping life should be pretty cruizy for me once I hit 40, and have a decked out toon and companion, hasn't happened since 20 and that was a breeze.