Pyrotech help

Kelan

Recently switched from arsenal to pyrotech merc because i got tired of not being mobile and relying too much on tracer missle procs.

Anyways, loving the mobility and most of all the elemental damage. I was worried my damage would drop significantly but it hasnt dropped at all. Not too crazy about thermal detonator not dealing AoE damage but sharing a CD with explosive dart, but thats for another thread.

Coming from a PvP standpoint, what are some good rotations? Right now my biggest issue is heat management but its a new spec for me so i figure i'll improve on that in time.

Looking for some experienced advice on PvP rotations and strategies for pyrotech merc.

Thanks for any help.

glad to see I am not only one mercenary pyrotech in whole game :)))

I didn't try any other class, my finding so far:

Huge burst!!! even in PVP it is quite usable

Looooooooong DoT, you will be "The anticapture master" :)

Heat is the problem, but it can be managed quite well.

What works for me:

A) use combustible cylinder

B) start wiht incendiarry missile and add thermal detonator, or vice versa but he must be in fire.

C) 1st railshot

D) "that skill I forgot name" allowing fire powershot (and some others) instantly. you have 30% chance to finish railshot cooldown and next railshot free of heat

E) 2nd railshot if you were lucky

F) unload, you have 60% chance to finish cooldown and nex railshot free.

G) 3rd railshot, this one should be free in 95% of cases.

H) powershot, normal one, that skill will not be cooldowned at this moment, same for unload.

and so on...

Focus on targets with less than 30% hp, with burnout skill all DoT abilites have 30% more elemental (fire) effect, in a short, your role is to finish them.

maybe we should do some special Mercenary / Pyrotech thread to share our knowledge