Are PT and AS superior to our tank tree?

mikeyonthemoon

If you want to play a Juggernaut, then play one. Juggs can tank all content in the game with flying colors. Not only that, we get the best defensive cool downs of all three tank classes. We lack in AOE threat, but the only time that comes into play is with trash...and all i'm going to say is, its called trash for a reason. We do fine at keeping the heavy hitters on us, and that's all that matters.

Juggernaut is a lot of fun to play, with a ton of abilities to keep you busy. Two improvements i'd like to see with Juggy are AOE threat, and a pull. These aren't make or break, but if we had that, Juggy would be perfect.

I would just add that you should join a decent guild. Where Juggs have problems is when the party has no sense of control or team work and is wildly attacking everything, which is usually the case with a Pick up group. Even with trash, if the party allows you 2 seconds to jump in and hit your AoE taunt, you should be able to hold the mobs long enough for the party to clear them, especially if you hit them with a frozen scream after the taunt wears off.

There are a few trash pulls that are hard for juggs though. When the mobs are all spread out can be a challenge. There's one in Black Talon near the end that can lead to a wipe if you don't pay attention when the adds spawn from a side corridor.

I agree with the above poster, they could do with a threat tweak and perhaps a rage tweak. Rage is particularly problematic when there are two tanks, say in an operation, and you're not taking regular damage to build rage in a boss fight.

If you want to play a Juggernaut, then play one. Juggs can tank all content in the game with flying colors. Not only that, we get the best defensive cool downs of all three tank classes. We lack in AOE threat, but the only time that comes into play is with trash...and all i'm going to say is, its called trash for a reason. We do fine at keeping the heavy hitters on us, and that's all that matters.

Juggernaut is a lot of fun to play, with a ton of abilities to keep you busy. Two improvements i'd like to see with Juggy are AOE threat, and a pull. These aren't make or break, but if we had that, Juggy would be perfect.

I agree with the above and it just gets old seeing the same topic made over and over and over again.

Eventually I plan on making a thread to compare the 3 Tanks

Right now, what is key for Juggernaut, is having the Protector and Unremetting equivalent put in the tank tree. Put Solidified Force in Vengeance and Combine Pacification with the Swelling Winds equivalent so it's: Increases Smash damage by 13>26>39%. Lowers it's cool down by 1>2>3 seconds. Increases Cyclone Slash (or whatever it is, new Sith Warrior here from Jedi Knight) damage by 8>16>24%. And the third point lowers Cyclone Slash focus cost by 1