A little help with a little problem

OctavianAug

I hit lv 20 on my Jugg yesterday, but it came with a problem. I don't have decent gear. Even Checketta is pwning me awlfully..

Today I tried to spam Athiss, but when I went for the first time I didn't wanted to return..

Can someone tell me how to get gear for my lv that is good?

Are you saving your orange gear and replacing the mods and are you spending our commendations when you finish a planet? To get more mods do the bonus quests and the bonus series that you get when you complete a planet.

Also check out the auction house - you can pick up good blue gear for not much if you keep an eye on it at the weekends when lots of stuff is listed.

That's right. You will notice that when you complete a quest you sometimes get the option of taking a commendation for that planet instead of a piece of gear. When you finish the planet you can visit the commendation vendors on the fleet and trade them for better mods to slot into your orange gear or orange gear to replace your blues. You can actually keep using the same orange gear for a long time by just changing the modifications. To see the mods in an orange piece, ctrl click it and it will open a window that shows you the mods in the gear, which you can swap out for better ones. Then, swap the old mods into your companions gear (if it is a companion that uses similar stats).

Ok thanks for the help :) Going to farm Hammer Station and search where to get mods

It may be Balmorra commendations the best ones?

Go with whatever planet you are the right level for and choose commendations rather than green gear for quest rewards.

I roll a jugg. As the other posters have said- work on your gear. Change or mod your gear every lvl or two, this is more important as you start getting above lvl 20 and critical after lvl 25 or so. Always roll good gear-(blue, purple, and orange) and repair it after major battles/missions. I roll all orange and purple gear and mod it or upgrade every lvl. Hit up the trade network and spend your commendations for mods and gear. As said before flashpoints are good for this too (if you have a decent group it really works well).

Learn about how your abilities work and roll a companion that suits your style of play. I used Vette most often at your lvl. You don't need a healer for most missions, just take care of Vette and gear her up until you find another character that works better for you. If you have trouble with a mission check your gear get stims and work on strategy. Some missions will require a healer so keep a healer ready for action, but I found a DPS companion is the best way to go for the majority of missions.

PvP gear is great for it's level...but you have to PVP to get it. if you like to PvP, then it's a good choice.

I did fine with PvE gear. Of course, I enjoy crafting. After a few tries of this craft or that, I ended up picking up 3 farming skills (2 farming skills and a mission skill) on my Jugg, and then had 2 alt's in the background who crafted. I'd gather mats on my jugg mail them over to my alts, and craft for about 20m before closing for the night. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to keep you gear up that way.

I had one alt with cyber for mods, and another alt with artifice for my hilts/crystals. Lots of people like Bio, but i went for most my jugg's history without Bio...have yet to even purchase any medpacks to boot. i made mods on my cybertech, and hilts on my artificer.

I would focus primarily on the armor slot and your hilt for your best mods. moddable gear (unless its a prototype) has 3 slots: armor, Mod, and enhancement. Cyber can make the armor and mod slots, artifice can make the enhancement slot. so between those two crafts, i had all my moddable gear covered, as well as the most important part of my weapon 9the hilt determines your actual damage in a moddable lightsaber).

i spent my commendations on filling in the gaps...getting moddable armor for slots i didn't have yet (hand, feet, etc), getting moddable gear for my companions, etc. sometimes id pick up an extra mod or two with comm's if i felt lazy...but 3/4 of my mods were from crafting. My Jugg has archeology, scavenging, and underworld trading. the only other mission skill i use/need is treasure hunting (for artifice), but I just mail some extra cash over to my artifice alt and have her run missions.

Edit: on the note of Hammer Station...you can also go abck to lower level worlds and solo heroic instances for easy commendations to get moddable gear for free. At your level heroics on Dromund Kass should be cake. run them solo (or help out lower level players while you do it), and you can collect Comm's and get some moddable gear. You'll want to replace the mods of course (they're all lvl 15 or so), but this is an easy way to get moddable gear for you AND your companions. then use the Comm's from balmorra and Nar Shadda to get better mods for them.

most moddable gear in the teens sells for a few grand on the GMT with no mods. you can go that direction as well.

Edited by Elyx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.