Swelling shadows

DauntlessV

What is the point of this talent? The chance for dark charge to go off is already 50%, and with a 4.5sec minimum between procs, I feel like this talent does absolutely nothing. Electric execution is a terrible and useless talent also, at least if you are going to be using dark charge.

Shroud of darkness adds maybe 350 hp if you put those 2 points in there instead, which I guess is better than 2 completely wasted points.

Am I off base here? Does anyone think this talent is actually helpful? I am hoping someone can prove to me why this train of thought is wrong so I dont need to pay for another respec

Survival has always been the key point of being a tank. Higher the proc %, the more consistent the Dark Charge would go off, so I think it's not a bad deal. However, depending on gear level survival may not be an issue as much as aggro (since your teammates are gearing up their dps), then Thrashing Blade, as little as the benefit, may be the alternative.

For PvP, I will assume you are a 31 point tank using wither. Your normal rotation is shock-wither-gap skill-shock-lightning then wither-shock-gap filler-shock-lightning.

Assuming you use slows, CC, discharge, stun, etc as your gap filler, this leaves very little space for melee attacks. So if you aren't doing melee attacks then that proc wont be going off.

I suggest not taking any of the talents that has to do with that charge.

For PvP, I will assume you are a 31 point tank using wither. Your normal rotation is shock-wither-gap skill-shock-lightning then wither-shock-gap filler-shock-lightning.

Assuming you use slows, CC, discharge, stun, etc as your gap filler, this leaves very little space for melee attacks. So if you aren't doing melee attacks then that proc wont be going off.

I suggest not taking any of the talents that has to do with that charge.

No. IMO any pvp build without claws of decay is inferior something that could fit it in. Until there is ranked/tiered queuing, the single target dps is much more important than any utility wither provides.

At this point, I feel like no one really knows if the talent is of any use... TBH the difference between 300 hp and a 2nd attack before charge procs is probably so small I will leave it as is