Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Low level shadow: solo, light grouping, PvP

Seyahat

I am just beginning a shadow and expect to eventually use him as a tank. That, however, is likely to be many levels away (probably at 25) or so... until then I expect to solo, do the occasional pick-up group, and PvP.

So my question is about skill trees for levels 10 - 20: which is likely to give me the most bang for the buck early on? Which is likely to be most useful for PvP early on?

Help on this or any other tips you might have would be most welcome.

First tip would be for you to read the stickied Handbook thread.

I leveled as kinetic all the way, and it was fine, definitely made easier after you pick up your healer. Others recommend starting on the infiltration tree, then switching to kinetic later.

I would highly recommend using Infiltration tree until you get Tharan, your healer companion. This should happen in early 20s or so (depending on your leveling speed). With your first companion, Qyzen Fess, Infiltration tends to work better, as he is a tank. Also Infil is pretty frontloaded with useful DPS and soloing talents, whereas Kinetic isn't really good until at least level 20, when you can get talents like Kinetic Ward (basic protection talent) and Particle Acceleration (damage dealing Projects).

Just my two credits, though.

Haven't leveled a shadow but did an operative and I'ld cross focus. Focusing on DPS and force regen because having force is DPS. Lacking a healer it's about having the resource and DPS to drop the enemy fast before my tank dies.

So something like - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McZhM.1

only internal debate is force breah benefit but I'm guessing every 15 seconds for the aoe kill on trash pulls will work well level 10-20 and I'ld benefit more from the other talent spread. Either way I'll know that before level 15 and be able to adjust appropriately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.