Ridiculous group PVP spec?

Zhorx

Having thought about trying a utility spec for a while i finally got around to trying it out... and well... when doing WZs with a few guildies it sure seemed to give some absolutely ridiculous results, especially in huttball.

So if anyone is going to spend the weekend doing some premade WZs, I'd recommend at least trying this spec out:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrzrZbZGR0rdM.1

Interesting... 80% speed buff on all members of your premade at all times... it's got potential. I could see it being very useful in Huttball though not quite sure about the other two.

I'd swap one out of Closed Quarters and put another into Watchguard. I really don't think you need a 1-5 meter Force Charge in PvP.

The big problem I can see is absolutely no Focus building and, yeah, it would be strict utility without any upper tier support or MS. You gotta be hitting like a kitten and pretty focus starved without Burning Focus and Jedi Crusader. As you said, it's pretty conditional. Doubt I'd roll with it even in a premade.

Edited by McVade

Yeah very interesting indeed. Did not realize you can combine perma transcendance and +30%. The spec is quite daring and I guess u had lots of fun.

However maybe I would do it this way :

-2 Dual wield mastery

-1 Close quarter

+1 Jedi crusader

+1 Watchguard

+1 Defensive forms

I would also consider +2 in force fade as I love it's utility (fire/poison in huttball, escape mechanism) but I would not know where to take the points from.

Dual wield is nice, but to me it cannot compete with 1 jedi crusader for focus generation and 1 defensive forms as with a very mobile team, it can give you the free 10centering in case one of your mate dies, without having to actually fight (18s dots? pew pew?) and you need some quick +10 centering to fill in the one from your dead mate.

But thanks for sharing this, I will definitely try it once.

Yeah very interesting indeed. Did not realize you can combine perma transcendance and +30%. The spec is quite daring and I guess u had lots of fun.

However maybe I would do it this way :

-2 Dual wield mastery

-1 Close quarter

+1 Jedi crusader

+1 Watchguard

+1 Defensive forms

I would also consider +2 in force fade as I love it's utility (fire/poison in huttball, escape mechanism) but I would not know where to take the points from.

Dual wield is nice, but to me it cannot compete with 1 jedi crusader for focus generation and 1 defensive forms as with a very mobile team, it can give you the free 10centering in case one of your mate dies, without having to actually fight (18s dots? pew pew?) and you need some quick +10 centering to fill in the one from your dead mate.

But thanks for sharing this, I will definitely try it once.

If you get around to trying it it'd be nice to hear what you (or someone else) thought of it.

Not so sure about the changes to the talents you proposed, DW mastery simply seemed to give the most benefit per point, exchanging close quarters vs watchguard possibly. As for centering, stick over 5 focus at most times and all you need to do is 5x or 3x cyclone slash to get back to 30 centering depending on how many groupmates you missed. at 4 centering per focus spender it's rather fast building 30 if you actually go for building 30 centering.

Interesting... 80% speed buff on all members of your premade at all times... it's got potential. I could see it being very useful in Huttball though not quite sure about the other two.

I'd swap one out of Closed Quarters and put another into Watchguard. I really don't think you need a 1-5 meter Force Charge in PvP.

The big problem I can see is absolutely no Focus building and, yeah, it would be strict utility without any upper tier support or MS. You gotta be hitting like a kitten and pretty focus starved without Burning Focus and Jedi Crusader. As you said, it's pretty conditional. Doubt I'd roll with it even in a premade.

You do give up some killing potential for sure. Even if you don't see yourself playing this in a premade, or later for rated WZs, I'd still recommend trying it out for a few games before making up your mind.

I would thing this build would be light on damage as it misses some of the better DPS boosters from watchman and focus. As previously mentioned it also lacks tricks for focus management. It would be nice for group buffs though.