The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Help please

Dampari

I am a level 26 power tech and I am working off the Iron Fist Spec. My question is why is my survivability so low. I have the level 20 PVP gear, I don't consider myself a noob to PVP. It just seems that once I get stunned I am toast. I can break one stun but if I get stunned again that is it. By no means do I think I am going to be godly but I would like to be able to take out someone more often 1 on 1. If anyone has a hot key setup or any advice I a would be happy to take them. Thanks again everyone in advance.

I'd suggest reading all of Taugrim's guide on the powertech and Iron Fist. Here's some tips in the meantime. You will notice things get easier when you get to 30+. Keep your gear up to date... all of it, relics and earpiece too, since those will affect your warzone bolstered stats.

be prepared to eat the first CC. Pop your defensive shield if you think you'll be CC'd and try to use the CC breaker when you have a full resolve bar so you can't get stunned again.

Go up the shield tree first so you can get Jet Charge to close gaps. It's ok to get the extra armor penetration and rocket punch damage though, since those are your heavy hitters for a while. Use your interrupts every chance you get and save death from above for when enemies bunch up.

For some burst damage stick then with explosive dart, hit rocket punch and immediately follow up with railshot, then finish with flame bursts/rapid shots. Avoid using the missile unless it's to stop multiple people from planting a bomb or taking a turret. In Huttball focus on using your grapple to pull people to the fire and acid.

hope this helps!