Need some info on Commandos

darthhavok

Hey guys, I'm working on my 4th or 5th alt now. I rolled on a rep server to play with some other rl friends and have a question.

I have a lvl 30ish Powertech pyro spec and love the mobility but kind of dislike the fact you're not true ranged. I'm thinking of rolling a commando on this new server. My question is about commando's mobility. In either gunnery or assault spec do you feel less mobile? (ie casting grav round or using full auto to proc HiB)

My troopers 10 atm and I may just go vanguard since I know I'll like the playstyle somewhat. But I really would like to be a true ranged but still have mobility. Maybe I'm asking too much from the classes lol :p

(Sorry if I used any wrong terms. Not at home right now)

I run a 0/12/28 spec commando and the mobility is amazing. I can be a turret if I need, but high impact, incendiary, sticky grenade, hammer shot with either armor piercing or plasma (if I need to kite) is all instant, full auto refreshed high impact almost always. I love the spec Edited by Vaspyre

if you want mobility do not use gunnery commando. I amlvl 50 gunny commando 5-33-3 and you play by positioning yourself 90% of the time stand still cast shoot, move stand cast shoot, etc etc. the only time you really movingalot is on gcd with your blaster. I'mnot complaing, i picked this way to go and have grown quite accustomed to it. i can do tons of dmg/kills from wAy back :)

Thank you both for quick replies. And yea I'm not asking which spec is better and whatnot but just opinions. I figured casting grav round would make me feel like a turret. Now the question is...is there a big difference from vanguard assault and commando assault?

Thank you both for quick replies. And yea I'm not asking which spec is better and whatnot but just opinions. I figured casting grav round would make me feel like a turret. Now the question is...is there a big difference from vanguard assault and commando assault?

vanguard assault can go into tank mode using ion cell and commando assault can heal if need be.