Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If Bioware wants to maintain subs:

hiottsw

If I was a Dev looking over the Suggestion Box forum, and I saw a post title "If Bioware wants to maintain subs:" I wouldn't even click on it.

My suggestion is to actually make a real suggestion with a real title that is informative about the content contained within. Telling one of the most prolific game makers how to succcede in the game business is probably not going to garner your idea much attention. If you think the idea of more playable alien races is a winner, just talk about that. Having to try and reach fro reasons for them to use the idea just distracts from the idea itself.

I doubt non-basic speaking races will ever be playable, but there is room for a lot of the basic speaking humanoid aliens to be brought in, and I think that could certainly bring a lot of variety and interest, without too much trouble on the armor side, assuming those races could deal without boots/gloves/helmets. Bothans, Mon Calamri, Quarren, Nautolans, to name a few.

Anything in purple must be worth taking note of.:p

It is my favorite color and always has been, so I must agree with you there :D

So he is unable to comprehend what you said because he disagrees with you? Sound logic...

I recommend Alpha-Phonics if you have the same issue.

If I was a Dev looking over the Suggestion Box forum, and I saw a post title "If Bioware wants to maintain subs:" I wouldn't even click on it.

My suggestion is to actually make a real suggestion with a real title that is informative about the content contained within. Telling one of the most prolific game makers how to succcede in the game business is probably not going to garner your idea much attention. If you think the idea of more playable alien races is a winner, just talk about that. Having to try and reach fro reasons for them to use the idea just distracts from the idea itself.

I doubt non-basic speaking races will ever be playable, but there is room for a lot of the basic speaking humanoid aliens to be brought in, and I think that could certainly bring a lot of variety and interest, without too much trouble on the armor side, assuming those races could deal without boots/gloves/helmets. Bothans, Mon Calamri, Quarren, Nautolans, to name a few.

I suppose we can all rest assured then with the knowledge that you are not developing this game. After thinking about your "if" scenario however I am enthralled to see that you did in fact come into my thread after all.

The one thing of value you do address here is actually something that I meant to include in the original post. Personally I would have no problem NOT seeing armor updates if I was playing a Jawa for example. This would not hinder me one bit. This is already in the game such as Teeseven (although his blaster fire does change).

Have to say my biggest concern is with species. and the lack of. Is this a major bug for most players probably not. And I am not event talking about Jawa or Ewok but just slightly more alien species. Maybe 10% - 20% are unhappy enough to quit because they are being forced to play a human. I would however suspect that a lot more would if given the option like more choice. For alts and different play throughs.

The Q&A on 10/02/2012 seemed to suggest that no new species would be added via legacy to start with. However we may get more at a later date which I always read as "Stick around, Keep paying and wait maybe one day in the far far future you might see an alien species" Personaly I never trust promises like this seen to many MMO where content which has promised is still in the planning stage 6 months down the line.

I support the idea of more species. And while the OP seems agressive in his claims quite often if you just post a sensible and well thought out post it vanishes from the first 10 pages over night. Some times a bit of agression is good.

I am seeing a couple of posts concerning the legacy system and I really like this post. If they do include new race/class combo's in the legacy system I can only see this as a good thing. I would interpret this as Bioware realizing they have fallen short in the area of customization and they are addressing the issue. It would also give them a MUCH larger pool to work with in terms of future implementation of character customization seeing as how they already have their foot in the door, so to say.

Unfortunately time is of the essence for this game and the next big patch will determine a lot. I would encourage them to spread their resources and tackle as many issues as possible with the man power they have. This seems like a fairly easy fix and in all honesty would do a lot for them in the eyes of the beholder (for instance new races and classes are always embraced and appreciated).

Edited by hiottsw

I recommend Alpha-Phonics if you have the same issue.

Your topic states "If Bioware wants to maintain subs"... And your post says they need to abandon this "races must speak basic crap"

He asked if you really think this is needed to maintain subs..

You replied to him by stating that he can't comprehend what you said if he thinks that you think they need to do this to maintain subs...

So, apparently you have multiple personalities and posted the original post on your alter ego.. Or you are trollin.. Which is much more likely.

Edited by Mcfondles

I think it's inevitable they'll add races that don't speak basic like Wookies, Sullustians, and all the other iconic and usual races (and maybe even Jawa to appease the WoW players missing their gnomes/goblins), but for the launch considering all the hub bub about voice acting? Of course they all spoke basic.

They can easily add in Wookies and use canned howling from KOTOR 1 and 2 with subtext or any other race they feel like later, but out the gate, it makes sense they wanted to make the most of the voice overs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.