Possible suggestion regarding Guild ships

deathgodsinc

I know Bioware's intentions in regards to possible guild ships hasn't been fully announced or formulated yet but I would like to put in a possible suggestion if they are implemented.

A great deal of end game content seems to focus around the faction based conflict. I know this is partly because the game is so new and PVE end game content is on the way but I think the guild ships could potentially be an amazing source of faction conflict and could give an interesting boost to the ship combat.

I'm assuming like many other MMO's the guildships will be customizable to a degree, in some cases it's simply aesthetics and in others it's utility. What I'm proposing is essentially a new warzone focused on fighting in capital ship/fighter combat.

The primary objective is to cripple/destroy your opponents capital ship. What I envision in this case is a free fly mode like in the old starfox game possibly made more X-wing vs. Tie-fighter like by adding a ****-pit mode but not essential.

Fighters are the primary offensive force with the option of staying behind and manning turbolaser turrets (Ala the millennium falcon fending off the tie-fighters) to defend vital systems on the ship, IE shield generators, the fighter bay by which all reinforcements would be launched. This would encourage and allow players to enjoy the customization of their ships to a much greater degree than they do at this time. It would provide a goal and purpose to customization the guild's ship and would add a new layer to PVP for both the PVP heavy servers and the PVE servers. (I mention the PVE servers because when I played ton a PVE server those PVE players were by far the most amazing cut throat player killers I've run into so far) This could also be tied to earning Valor, Guild prestige (something I've seen done in other games like EQ2) or it could be folded into adding to the legacy system since this kind of combat would be epic in story, but relatively small in actual number of players per match.

I know what I just proposed is rough, and would involve a tremendous amount of work, but I also believe it could exist within the framework that has been created with the big exception being the free fly mode. If anyone else thinks this idea has promise please throw your 2 cents in and help this idea evolve into something workable that we could potentially see in future updates.