Is there any point to being the neutral alignment late game?

Wolfwithredfur

I recently got the game and i was wondering if there was any gear that is able for neutral aligned characters to use late game. One of my friends recently told me it was pointless because there was only light side and dark side gear late game and not to discredit him but Id rather get more opinions on it.

Now that I think about it I probably should have put this in the new player help section.

Edited by Wolfwithredfur

The system is borked.

If they add really cool looking gear later for a particular choice (good, bad, nuetrel)

then they will also need a way for people to grind their way to get the gear.

If they don't many will QQ that if they knew that the cool stuff came later they wouldn't have made the choices they did.

I recently got the game and i was wondering if there was any gear that is able for neutral aligned characters to use late game. One of my friends recently told me it was pointless because there was only light side and dark side gear late game and not to discredit him but Id rather get more opinions on it.

Now that I think about it I probably should have put this in the new player help section.

At 50 you will most likely be using a matrix cube and and the best vendor bought relic you can use until a tier relic (which doesn't have alignment restrictions) drops for you... not going full DS/LS might gimp you a little up until that point because you will be short a relic but honestly the content is easy enough that you should be fine.

The only other stat effecting gear is color crystals and being neutral actually gives you a slight advantage since all of the color crystals are usable by neutrals. This means you can pull crystals from anywhere (e.g. companion weapons) and insert them into your own without worying about the alignment.

In other words DS/LS choices don't matter much, if at all, to endgame gearing.