Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Juggernaut/Marauder or sith assassin which should i roll?

Nyteshroud

Im debating between Juggernaut/Marauder or sith assassin ive done both assassin/marauder till 25 their both okay. But im looking for a advance class that can solo 2/4+ heroic and be viable in flashpoints with a easy going pace for lvling. Also some viablity in endgame gameplay. So any suggestion would be helpfull also maybe some crew skills to grab with ur suggestion.

Since you want to solo some heroics, marauder is out of the question because you need a tank for that. End game wise, both can tank fine but if you want to dps, then assassin is more accepted in that role by other players. Both classes dps well but most people are uninformed and only see the Jugg as a tank class.

Since you want to solo some heroics, marauder is out of the question because you need a tank for that. End game wise, both can tank fine but if you want to dps, then assassin is more accepted in that role by other players. Both classes dps well but most people are uninformed and only see the Jugg as a tank class.

you don't need a tank for heroics. most classes capable of healing are capable of soloing most 2+ heroics. 4+ is another story. im not sure theres any class that could solo a 4+ without simply out leveling the content.

that being said assassins eventually get a 60 second cc. jedi knights don't. they also have the option of going tank spec and soaking up damage + healing companion. combine that with stealth and abilities like force cloak and of the options mentioned he becomes the best candidate for solo play.

that being said i did manage to solo black talon as a level 11 marauder. (my jedi guardian and my shadow(jedi version of the sin) could NOT solo esseles).

Honestly, I would look for other players to run Heroics 2/4 but you got lots of variables to consider. I got one of each class overleveling you by a couple of notches.

First off, you got to look at your build and gear. Are you dps, tank, hybrid for survivability? You want to solo those, you gonna get hit a lot and hard. Are you propped up gear wise?

If you want to do Heroics 2/4, Marauders could do some, if not all. Just be prepared to possibly die...And maybe scream out in frustration. But hey, it could be a fun challenge.

I would just do SOME of those Heroics and Flashpoints when my marauder OVER levels them. I did and was not as facepalming a challenge as the ones at my level. That's probably due to my gear being subpar though and the fact I have yet to master this AC.

Juggs and sins will do better (again, depends on build/gear). Can still be a challenge but I feel they are less so than marauders. I solo'ed some Heroics 2 on both jugg and sin (with my Jugg being better geared) and had less trouble with my jugg. Not saying a sin can't solo those Heroics.

I'm also leaving your experience and player' skills out of this.

you don't need a tank for heroics. most classes capable of healing are capable of soloing most 2+ heroics. 4+ is another story. im not sure theres any class that could solo a 4+ without simply out leveling the content.

that being said assassins eventually get a 60 second cc. jedi knights don't. they also have the option of going tank spec and soaking up damage + healing companion. combine that with stealth and abilities like force cloak and of the options mentioned he becomes the best candidate for solo play.

that being said i did manage to solo black talon as a level 11 marauder. (my jedi guardian and my shadow(jedi version of the sin) could NOT solo esseles).

I agree the best heroic solo classes are healers with a tank companion. But stealth gives you a lot of options, for example I recently soloed the H4 pirate quest on taris where you don't have to kill mobs, you only have to use stuff lying around. Stealth in, use stuff, stealth out. Easy commendations.

Being a tank usually doesn't help you with soloing heroics because while you can take more punishment you also don't kill mobs fast enough to survive. Healers simply outlast the mobs.

Also, every class can solo Black Talon at level 10/11. It's extremely easy. Esseles on the other hand, no way, that Mandalorian boss is... boss.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

I agree the best heroic solo classes are healers with a tank companion. But stealth gives you a lot of options, for example I recently soloed the H4 pirate quest on taris where you don't have to kill mobs, you only have to use stuff lying around. Stealth in, use stuff, stealth out. Easy commendations.

Being a tank usually doesn't help you with soloing heroics because while you can take more punishment you also don't kill mobs fast enough to survive. Healers simply outlast the mobs.

Also, every class can solo Black Talon at level 10/11. It's extremely easy. Esseles on the other hand, no way, that Mandalorian boss is... boss.

true the mechanics of black talons bosses make it much easier than esseles. not to mention you can't even do the bonus boss on esseles solo no matter even if you were level 50. have to have 2 players to activate the 2 switches together.

i have soloed esseles as a level 10 sage before (minus bonus boss for obvious reasons) and it was much much more difficult.

As a Marauder with descent gear you can solo 2+ Heroics with any companion. I would recommend the Assassin for you.

I would honestly like to see a vid of that. and not a lvl 50 pimped in top line gear....a mid level (20 -30 as an example) Maurader with an average set of decent gear (mix of blues an purples). Because the OP is talking about leveling a character solo. Which usually means your not going to always have maxed gear, your going to be challenging yourself with content that is sometimes higher level then you, and you don't have all your skills available.

If you have a video that shows that, then Im game. But for your average person I doubt that would be a reality. Not dissing your idea of a Mauraders capabilities, but the OP is asking for a realistic (i.e. average) result from leveling a class.

To the OP: if you want to run through heroic 2+ without repeated wipes and plenty of frustration during the leveling process, roll a sorcerer and use Khem val. possibly a PT bounty hunter as well (or merc). jugg/maurader? wont be an easy time of it. the sorc can heal their tank companion and provide the DPS needed at the same time to down the mobs. I've rolled a sage (mirror on the repub side) and she has soloed most her 2+ work herself to her current level (23). probably the easiest class to solo the game with bar none.

not the most enjoyable IMO, but certainly the easiest. fun class jugg/maurader scores top. but good luck with solo heroics unless your 50 and geared to the hilt, and/or over-level the run by a decent amount. and have a healing companion.

Edit: Assassin is probably the best of the two you mentioned. My Shadow consular (mirror on repub side), switched to tank stance (hybrid spec) once he got his healer. with the healer and his tank presence, he can solo 2+ and almost 4+ heroic content. he has CC abilities to do this that the jugg doesn't (though the jugg has a tanking form). the combination of CC and mitigation + self heals helps him make it through the 2+ content as well. didn't start doing that until lvl 30 or so (you get a few nice skills around there to help). without the 1m CC it could be tough, even for him.

Edited by Elyx

Im debating between Juggernaut/Marauder or sith assassin ive done both assassin/marauder till 25 their both okay. But im looking for a advance class that can solo 2/4+ heroic and be viable in flashpoints with a easy going pace for lvling. Also some viablity in endgame gameplay. So any suggestion would be helpfull also maybe some crew skills to grab with ur suggestion.

Soloing 2+ heroics is easier w a Darkness (tank) assassin. The main reasons are that you get stealth, 60 sec CC, and survivability.

If you want a slow & easy pace while leveling, go Darkness assassin. It's the safest since inquisitors get their healers late, and the rotation is the simplest in the game.

A mar requires more attention but will level faster due to higher damage and having an early healer to eliminate downtime. But you can't sleepwalk though quests like a dark assassin can.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.