EU Maintenance Times

Bronz

Hi all,

I have noticed that the upcoming maintenances are going to be starting at 8am (EU) and lasting 2 hours which is nothing major and im sure everyone can cope with.... What im worried about is going forward if all maintenance is scheduled on U.S time the bigger patches and updates could see EU without server access for most of the day.

I would be suprised if this was the case it would be imo a massive over sight on EA/BW part to infringe on semi peak times just because it has to fall inline with US maintenance windows

Unfortunately I am not sure there is a way around this due to the open nature of the server choice. With EU and US players being able to play on whatever server they like the server and client code needs to be kept in sync so patch times will have to be simultaneous. With the US being their largest single market it makes more sense to schedule patch times to coincide with low play time on the US servers.

Unfortunately I am not sure there is a way around this due to the open nature of the server choice. With EU and US players being able to play on whatever server they like the server and client code needs to be kept in sync so patch times will have to be simultaneous. With the US being their largest single market it makes more sense to schedule patch times to coincide with low play time on the US servers.

The EU folks who choose to play on US servers take it on the chin the fact that they will experience downtime during US windows.

TH eserver banks and data centers are located in Ireland dont understand why they wouldnt just do them separate and carried out maintenance at like 4am a'la WoW

The EU folks who choose to play on US servers take it on the chin the fact that they will experience downtime during US windows.

TH eserver banks and data centers are located in Ireland dont understand why they wouldnt just do them separate and carried out maintenance at like 4am a'la WoW

It would make far more sense if we got EU maintenance at either GMT or GMT+1 equivalent times.

The fact that anyone can log on to any server means that all servers have to be patched at the same time. The only way to have a WoW like patch regime is to seperate the player base. EA/BW have decided not to do this, for all the benefits it brings it does however mean that downtime is going to impact one set of players more than another.

Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.

The upcoming maintenance windows (detailed below) are exceptions, and are needed to prepare ourselves for our official launch on December 20th.

This is a one-off thing.

They better have plan or they will get a lot raging on forums.

I'm sure it wont be a problem if its early in the morning in most of europe, but if it gonna be like around dinner time the raging will for sure starts. What I mean if there deadline for the patching was around dinner time for europe and they get into some trouble so the maintance goes for 4-5 more hours, then its basically the same as one day downtime for us.

Sorry for the wall of text there.

Good night! Got to play a little after 2 hours in server queue ;)