degree of importence

ibervang

Instead of adding new things and nerfing things like surge, which really dosnt seem that importent, as everybody can take it. Its different if it is a class.

But instead how, right now, wasting time on this, I think you should actualy fix the buggs in the game, instead of wasting time on adding things and nerfing things that dosnt seem so importent.

To help appease the OP, Bioware has mentioned a few times they have two major teams. One dedicated for bug smashing, and one for new content, additions.

Every patch that has come out, has had some form of bug fixes in it. Granted not any of the large scale bugs that exist, however those take time to vet and isolate and fix (whichout breaking anything else in the process).

They are working on it. Bugs are slowly getting removed. They just have a cliff-face mountain of them to tackle right now, it seems like they are not making any headway. What I have noticed, is a lot of noticeable bug fixes, are not even mentioned in the patch notes. Which also makes it seem like they are not fixing anything.

But they still have a messed up order of doing things. They fix so you cant target the hollow dancer, but dosnt fix so body size 3 and 4 (for males i assumes) can get to all the datacrons. So instead of working on something that is actualy importent, they chance something so some atleast had a chance of working around their screw up.

But they still have a messed up order of doing things. They fix so you cant target the hollow dancer, but dosnt fix so body size 3 and 4 (for males i assumes) can get to all the datacrons.

Fixing the first thing is a rather simple thing to code. Just have to make the holo dancer something that can't be targeted.

The body size 3 and 4, would require either completely redoing the area itself and making the area big enough to fit those body styles, or allow some sort of clipping though the areas.

Either way requires a ton more work then the first one. So your whole example is simply silly at best.

Greetings!

We covered this topic in our recent Weekly Q&A blog:

Buddytonto: When you made the blog post about the balancing act of what to fix, what to balance, and when; got me thinking about how the items are prioritized, as it didn't really explain that?

Daniel Erickson: How we prioritize bugs is a complicated question and one that can be maddening from a player point of view. The answer is as complicated as the question but I can give a high level view. First comes anything that blocks the critical path of a class story for any reason. If you can’t progress, your game comes to a screeching halt so that always takes precedence. Next is the question: how many people are being affected and what is the damage being done? Half the population being slightly irritated loses in priority to ten percent of the population having their game crippled, for example. The last consideration, and the most opaque to players, is how hard the bug is to fix. There are fixes that look complicated and are nothing more than a database entry that went rogue. There are fixes that look easy and take months of untangling code. What we can promise is that we never ignore bugs or decide something is good enough as-is.

We hope this helps explain what can seem like a very mysterious process. Thank you for your patience!

You can read the whole Q&A blog here.

And it isnt the entire area, ist a small part of it

You still have to change the area model itself. This is no small feat, because you'd have to both make it taller and wider, yet still have it mesh up with the rest of the area. It something much simpler then what they did with the holo dancer.

That being just one example of why they fix some things before they fix others, because some things are much easier to fix then others. Some things require less resources then others.

Which is why I made the car analogy, because it's effectively the same thing. You do not in gore a easy and quick thing to fix, just because something else is broken.