If unique items have same stats?

brodolak

I'm on 20 lvl, and i found few unique blaster pistols and armors. When i dismount all mods, all this gears have the same stats. My question is if unique gears change, maybe on higher levels? How to compare this stuff without disassemble?

By "unique" you mean "orange" gear?

orange aka custom gear you compare by the the tier numbers and colors of the mods and the armor/dmg rating.

the mistake you are making is in thinking that 'orange' means 'unique' - it doesnt. it means 'fully moddable'. all orange items have the same base stats - basically none - all of their armour value (NOT type, that is preset) and stats is from the modifications they have in them.

the only reason for different orange items is for different looks.

the mistake you are making is in thinking that 'orange' means 'unique' - it doesnt. it means 'fully moddable'. all orange items have the same base stats - basically none - all of their armour value (NOT type, that is preset) and stats is from the modifications they have in them.

the only reason for different orange items is for different looks.

Ok i mean orange "fully moddable" i not play now and i don't remember details. So thank you for answer.

Basic idea-find orange gear, buy the barrels/mods/enhancements from Commendation vendors and the GTN. Every-time you have a mission that gives a mod take it as it is most likely better then what you have.

Also OP.....spelling, grammar, capitalization, and good punctuation are your friends. Using them will make you a better and more respected member of this community.

Actually not all orange gear is equal. A level 12 orange item comes with x amount of base armor plus all the slots to add additional stats to that. A level 48 orange item comes with y amount of base armor plus the slots to add additional stats to that. A level 48 orange is always going to start off with more armor than a level 12 orange item. So technically speaking, not all oranges are equal.

Actually not all orange gear is equal. A level 12 orange item comes with x amount of base armor plus all the slots to add additional stats to that. A level 48 orange item comes with y amount of base armor plus the slots to add additional stats to that. A level 48 orange is always going to start off with more armor than a level 12 orange item. So technically speaking, not all oranges are equal.

WRONG. All orange gear is equal. Do not spread misinformation like this. Do I need to add screencaps? My main level 50 JK sentinel has been using the "Aspiring Knight's Vest" since about level 16. I have continued to upgrade it as I leveled. Compared a "higher" level item with the same mods THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. Orange items are the same.

No... the armor and all other stats not represented by the mods themselves are based on the lvl of the mods.

So take a lvl 12 orange kit, cram the same items in it as the lvl38 one has... and they will be the same (in stats).

Only variation is crafted customizable gear which can have augments for example. Making for higher total stats from the extra item in it.

Also OP.....spelling, grammar, capitalization, and good punctuation are your friends. Using them will make you a better and more respected member of this community.

Criticizing someone who likely does not speak English as a native language does not endear one to the world community either. :rolleyes:

Edited by Magnu

Mods make the gear. The only difference is cosmetic. So if you like the look of your old gear, that's cool, mod it out. My Jedi Knight has had the same level 16 gear for almost 30 levels.

OP, you don't have to dismount the mods to put new ones in. A new mod put over an old one will destroy the old one. The only reason to dismount a mod would be to put it in some other gear.

Yes i mean orange items. I know that i can compare mods, but it pointless because i can dismount all and put best items. So i want to compare empty orange items without disassembling it, because it cost credits.

With no mods all orange items will be equal, doesnt matter what level you got it. That orange chest you got at level 15 will be the same as an orange chest piece you get at level 45. Armoring changes how much armor your item has, Barrels and Hilts change how much min-max damage it does. Mods, Enhancements, crystals and augments will add stats.

Obviously heavy armor will have the most armor when an armoring kit is installed, with light armor having the least amount. Someone mentioned how to turn on item comparisons. That is how you can compare an orange quest reward with gear that you are already wearing.

I'm on 20 lvl, and i found few unique blaster pistols and armors. When i dismount all mods, all this gears have the same stats. My question is if unique gears change, maybe on higher levels? How to compare this stuff without disassemble?

Orange items of the same type (say, "Heavy Armor") are identical save for their visual look, if you remove all modifications.

The differences are only visual at that point. These items get all of their stats specifically from whatever modifications you plug into them. Statwise, they do not change until 50th, at which point some armor sets have a "set bonus" for having 2 or 4 pieces of that set. And even that will be changing soon to having the "set bonus" actually be part of the modifications for the armor, allowing you to insert them in another piece (of the same type and location) with different visuals.

There's an option under preferences that gives you a more detailed look an item with modifications in it, which'll let you see which mod is giving what stats to the item- so you can swap them out if you desire.

Incorrect. Take the mods out of the the armor, and the two have the exact same stats.

WRONG. All orange gear is equal. Do not spread misinformation like this. Do I need to add screencaps? My main level 50 JK sentinel has been using the "Aspiring Knight's Vest" since about level 16. I have continued to upgrade it as I leveled. Compared a "higher" level item with the same mods THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. Orange items are the same.

Most likely pmiles is referring to the differences between Heavy, Medium and Light I would think. Orange of the same class all have the same base armor stat. Orange of different classes do not have the same base armor (IE, Heavy > Medium > Light). This is what separates the Heavy, Medium and Light appropriate gear.