Gearing up and the tiers of hardmodes

Eirienie

I'm a new level 50 shadow. Ilum is good for mods I see. Pvp sets only offer 2 mod slots, and is more for expertise than anything.

So how do I go about gearing up to progress through harder stuff? Hardmode Esseles kind of beat my group hard...or is Esseles a top tier hardmode, and the others better to start with?

Any help would be good and welcomed. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to gear up, or where to begin. Do I just use any old armor with mod slots and use the mods on that, and mod stats are the only stats armor has? i'm just confused. :) Please help a gal out.

I'm a new level 50 shadow. Ilum is good for mods I see. Pvp sets only offer 2 mod slots, and is more for expertise than anything.

So how do I go about gearing up to progress through harder stuff? Hardmode Esseles kind of beat my group hard...or is Esseles a top tier hardmode, and the others better to start with?

Any help would be good and welcomed. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to gear up, or where to begin. Do I just use any old armor with mod slots and use the mods on that, and mod stats are the only stats armor has? i'm just confused. :) Please help a gal out.

I had a 50 Operative before my alt (now main) mecenary and I decked my Mercenary out mainly PvPing. Apparently the changes to the champion bags made it easier for fresh 50s to gear up. If you do go the PvP route, I'd say save up and get the Centurion weapon first.

If you don't want to venture PvP, you can do the Belsavis/Ilum/Spaceship dailies for commendation tokens for Tier 2 implants/earpiece. It takes quite a bit though.

Since you are Republic, I hear Esseles is quite tougher than the Empire counterpart Black Talon (Which we normally do first as a fresh 50). False Emperor isn't that bad of a HM.

You can probably do normal EV once you get decent amount of lvl 50 mods/PvP gear. Even then, I think EV normal is easier than majority of the HM flashpoints.

Also a guide here on these forums on how to gear up for HMs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176836

Edited by Optimism