Defence for Sentinels?

andysud

How much effect does buffing this stat have?

I can see how crit, power, accuracy would help, but I hardly hear anyone mentioning defence. With being so squishy I would have thought it would make sense to get this as high as possible, but does it just not do much?

I just think, as a sentinel it would be better to be able to dodge / parry incoming attacks instead of just relying on armour.

You should really rely on killing your opponents before they kill you. Stacking defence is a bad bad idea. Besidea we have plenty of skills to boost our defensive capabilities. Stat priority i recommend is: Strength>Power>Surge>Crit and of course getting accuracy to 100%. Edited by gunte

You should really rely on killing your opponents before they kill you. Stacking defence is a bad bad idea. Besidea we have plenty of skills to boost our defensive capabilities. Stat priority i recommend is: Strength>Power>Surge>Crit and of course getting accuracy to 100%.

Agree. You'd have to stack a lot of Defense to make it useful and then you'd be losing out on good damage from Power>Surge>Crit. Sentinel is kill or be killed. Besides you have plenty of useful defensive abilities to help bolster yourself: Rebuke, Saber Ward, Call on the Force, Guarded by the Force, Force Camo, Stun Droid and Awe can really help you in about any situations, not to mention Zen heals if you're Watchman spec'ed.

While leveling, if you grab an item with overall better stats that has Defense, use it. But when you're getting toward end-game stuff and you're really tailoring your stats with upgrades and stuff, Power>Surge>Crit is the way to go.