Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Where does madness dmg come from?

Taintedsaint

Thrash crits hard. You still get expose weakness. Your shock can dbl hit. spamming discharge is good sometimes but if your actually trying to kill a target it's not gonna do ****. At the beginning of team fights you might want to dot a few people or if your chasing your target and out of range switch to closest and spam dis and keep chasing.

Madness has alot of damage and can actually kill people if you don't spend all your time wasting all your force on discharge.

Death Field, Discharge, Creeping Terror (get Force regen going), Shock (proc Unearthed Knowledge), then proceed to spamming Thrash until Raze comes up.

One thing I don't like about Madness is the damage takes a while to ramp up because you need to do all these things before you can spam Thrash or otherwise you're not getting the best dmg out of it. I run into this quite often in PvE groups too, on Strongs I don't bother dotting up since they die before the dots run through half of its duration. On Elites they still don't run through full duration, but you're really wasting Force if you don't get the proc buffs up while Thrasing (need Undearthed Knowledge and preferrably the +9% crit) and DoTing (need Deathmarks on target).

At least Madness Assassins have an AoE, Deception has none. Overload and Lacerate don't count, they do too little damage for their force consumption (Lacerate) and cooldown time (Overload) to be relevant. I really only use Overload for interrupting or to knock someone off platforms in Huttball. Lacerate I only use when there's a bunch of targets at low health (after a Death Field crits on 2 or all 3 of the targets).

Death Field, Discharge, Creeping Terror (get Force regen going), Shock (proc Unearthed Knowledge), then proceed to spamming Thrash until Raze comes up.

One thing I don't like about Madness is the damage takes a while to ramp up because you need to do all these things before you can spam Thrash or otherwise you're not getting the best dmg out of it. I run into this quite often in PvE groups too, on Strongs I don't bother dotting up since they die before the dots run through half of its duration. On Elites they still don't run through full duration, but you're really wasting Force if you don't get the proc buffs up while Thrasing (need Undearthed Knowledge and preferrably the +9% crit) and DoTing (need Deathmarks on target).

At least Madness Assassins have an AoE, Deception has none. Overload and Lacerate don't count, they do too little damage for their force consumption (Lacerate) and cooldown time (Overload) to be relevant. I really only use Overload for interrupting or to knock someone off platforms in Huttball. Lacerate I only use when there's a bunch of targets at low health (after a Death Field crits on 2 or all 3 of the targets).

Excellent write up. If only I could find a way to stay alive while going through this rotation :-/

Excellent write up. If only I could find a way to stay alive while going through this rotation :-/

Well, it was never specified if this was going to be for PvE or PvP. Yeah I understand this is difficult to do for PvP and I personally don't believe Madness is a good PvP spec. It can be if you play to its strengths. In a warzone with multiple encounters of numbers vs numbers (instead of 1v1), you have to remain in stealth until the fight starts, play it similar to PvE, let the other players get enemy aggro, get in range (10m to 4m), drop Death Field, dot ppl up, and finish off lowered hp'ed targets.

With this build you do not want to be the first target of enemy players. You want to work your damage in the background. Also I forgot to mention above, you also want to do a mass taunt while you're doing all that other stuff. It reduces damage done to your "tanks" and healers as well as give you guard medals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.