Why should I be a Jug?

Forever_Alone

Is it true Juggernauts are getting a damage buff in the future?

Dev's have stated that they are aware that they need some work and are working on it. No specific times or dates or even direction of their 'fix'.

but they did admit the problem existed and they do have it on their list to do.

OP: I'm not a PvP expert by any means, but the 1v1 competitions spoke of earlier speak volumes to me. it's not an empirical study, but it does point towards exactly what you were talking about: 1v1 superiority.

It's not even close to my preference of play. and keep in mind that your preferred playstyle throws you right in the middle of the nerf roller-coaster on a regular basis. But given that...the design of mauraders defensive CD's lines up well with short 1v1 fights. Juggs have a defensive stance that mauraders don't, but that is only more beneficial in longer encounters where the smaller reduction adds up.

to 1v1 methinks you want 2 things: short term burst potential, and short term high mitigation potential. And the marauder matches both of those.

anything outside of that though, and the other factors drop mauraders back down with the rest of the AC's, and at that point jugg's are probably equal, but from a different perspective.

I may be missing something on the patch notes...what did they change to reduce crits?

They moved the 50's to their own brackets. Most ss's you see of Jugg's getting crazy high crits(7-9k) on players are from when they smash'd on a sub lvl 50.

That said I can still smash very high on 50's. my highest crit on a lvl 50 was 6813 (was a Sorc/Sage). On an equally geared 50's I'll probably do around 3.5k to 5.5k depending on what buffs I have stacked and if they are in heavy/light or medium

Edited by Lacedemon

Can anyone comment on this?

Two things - first off, he was stacking both PvP buffs plus an adrenal in that video, his hits are actually pretty low given those buffs. Not only can you no longer stack the pvp buffs, but you also have much less surge, so hitting 6ks now is equivalent to his huge 7k hits. Not impossible, but not incredibly easy either.

Edit:

There's a completely unedited video I took post nerf, not the best but fairly standard warzone.

Edited by dorkvid

What I like about Juggernaut is the ability to instantly switch to Soresu in order to Guard people. Assassin can also do it but I like to mobility of the Juggernaut better. Being able to Guard + Taunt within a matter of seconds is something I find pretty rewarding.

I also like the burst damage that the class has. I've always felt burst is one of the key components to successful pvp and the Juggernaut can do that burst pretty nicely in like a 20 second span.

I just feel the class has a lot of potential since they seem to have a lot of utility and pretty good mobility. Knowing that Bioware plans to buff them makes me happy. If you only care about damage then Marauder is probably a solid choice, but I really like being able to Guard and Taunt and feel that is much more helpful in Warzones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.