Yoda vs Vader

BrandonSM

I disagree, I think Sid rofltstomped Yoda. As trollish as that sounds.

If you read the novel, Sidious was laughing and teasing Yoda the entire fight. Taunting him.

I'll get the novle out later, I just skimmed through a few hundred pages of different books for the Revan vs Vader thread D:

Yeah but Sidious was cocky and full of himself. He was on the verge of complete triumph, so yeah, of course he'd be celebrating prematurely. After he turned Anakin to the dark side, he pretty much won, so taunting Yoda was just adding insult to injury to the leader of the Jedi Order imo.

Yeah but Sidious was cocky and full of himself. He was on the verge of complete triumph, so yeah, of course he'd be celebrating prematurely. After he turned Anakin to the dark side, he pretty much won, so taunting Yoda was just adding insult to injury to the leader of the Jedi Order imo.

I agree. Its also important to note that Sideous tried to escape before the battle started, meaning he was scared of Yoda. He and Yoda also could not overpower one another during the lightning fight. Yoda would destroy Vader

Yoda was not Sidious' equal. Both the novel and Leland Chee have debunked this. Both sources claim Sidious was more powerful than Yoda.

well considering how yoda stupidly started the worst war in galactic history to save a couple buddies of his.

how yoda was supposed to be all wise and stuff, but he couldnt see the most obvious evil plot ever.

how yoda was so stupid that he sent obi-wan off to fight anakin and then went off to fight sidious solo. instead of you know, going to gether, or maybe even using that recording of sidious being evil to expose his evil plans to the public.

im convinced yoda is so stupid that vader could go "look out!" and point behind yoda, yoda would turn around and vader would just chop his head off.

wise he is not.

Yoda, Vader was a shell of himself physically after his fight with Obi Wan, and those injuries really reduced his force powers as well. He wasn't the "golden child" anymore. He didn't have the knowledge of the force that Yoda gained in his 900+ years as well. As a cyborg, he was barely able to maintain a fight with Luke, who's training was quite short-lived to be honest.

Even a Vader with the physical abilities and force power of Anakin with his full knowledge he gained of the dark side I think would not come out well. Remember when it came to the lightsaber Obi Wan vs. Vader clearly ended in favor of Obi, and that was Vader at his best with one.

So if Yoda > Obi Wan

and Obi Wan > Vader

then Yoda > Vader in my opinion and I doubt it would be even close. Yoda vs. Young Vader before his injuries or vs. older weakened Vader post-injury.

Unless we put them both in starfighters and sent them after each other that is.

This pretty much explains it all. Obi-Wan and Anakin (Vader) fought and Obi-Wan emerged victorious due to Vader's arrogance. He would display this same arrogance against a MUCH better Jedi, Yoda, and he would lose.

This pretty much explains it all. Obi-Wan and Anakin (Vader) fought and Obi-Wan emerged victorious due to Vader's arrogance. He would display this same arrogance against a MUCH better Jedi, Yoda, and he would lose.

He was more powerful post mustafar and learned much from his defeat from Obi Wan Kenobi. He became more patient and actually fought more defensively. Letting his opponents vent, letting them tire themselves down, and when they least suspected it striking them down. He no longer displayed the arrogance he did against Obi Wan. Remember, Sidious filled his head with praise. That he was the best. The jedi feared him and he was more powerful than the entire order. This lead to over confidence. That and he was stricken with grief over what he had done and the fact that Obi Wan Kenobi and even his wife wouldn't take his side.

He wasn't thinking clearly. With this loss he gained experience.

Note I am saying this when Obi Wan Kenobi is my favorite character in Star Wars.

Edited by Rhyltran

He was more powerful post mustafar and learned much from his defeat from Obi Wan Kenobi. He became more patient and actually fought more defensively. Letting his opponents vent, letting them tire themselves down, and when they least suspected it striking them down. He no longer displayed the arrogance he did against Obi Wan. Remember, Sidious filled his head with praise. That he was the best. The jedi feared him and he was more powerful than the entire order. This lead to over confidence. That and he was stricken with grief over what he had done and the fact that Obi Wan Kenobi and even his wife wouldn't take his side.

He wasn't thinking clearly. With this loss he gained experience.

Note I am saying this when Obi Wan Kenobi is my favorite character in Star Wars.

Sounds best here to me man, good writing.

After Mustafar Vader was a quite weak and unsecure with his powers, he had doubts about his power, but by the time, he upgrades his cyborg parts, using its advantages and become even stronger and more powerful then he ever was before. Read Rise of the Darth Vader.